cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Won't start up normally, continuous on/off loop[ video included]

Inperatrix
Level 7
Hello, I just starting having this issue this morning once I turned my computer back on as it auto turned off last night as I feel asleep. It will keep doing this and if I'm lucky it will turn on after a # of loops. On one of the times it did turn on the computer prompted me to do a system refresh or wipe so opted in to doing the refresh which completed. Then as I was attempting to re install drivers after that it continued with the issue. I have tried removing ram sticks to just a single stick in the correct slot, as well as re seat all the power cables which allowed me to. All the wires look to be connected fine. I find this issue odd as it happened a week + after I built this and it started while I was just browsing the web as well as the fact that it will fully turn on at a point. [ parts list / still photos of build http://imgur.com/a/lh3XI ] Video [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlKkuIjEGBY ] 90% of the time the computer will not actually start up as in the video but keep going in the loop.
13 REPLIES 13

Tokens210
Level 10
Sry, stopped letting me log in yesterday

I wasn't saying I believe u have a bent pin, was just saying code 00 is sometimes that or uneven pressure on the cpu, that's why I was asking if you recently messed with anything around the CPU

Like nemesis and ppl on other forums said its most likely the PSU or motherboard, if u had another PSU(which I see u say you dont) that would be the easiest way for you to check

Nemesis has you on a proper troubleshot path so I'd check all his suggestions out

P.s. nemesis I dig that are builds are very similar lol
CoolerMaster HAF 932 Advanced/ Maximus VI Formula/ I7-4770K/Swiftech H320/ Corsair HX850/ G.Skill Trident X (2x8) 16gb 2400MHz/ 2x 840 EVO 120gb(Raid 0)/ WD 1TB HDD (Backup/Storage)/ EVGA GTX 1gb 560 TI/ Asus 12x bluray combo

Inperatrix
Level 7
hmm I guess at this point the best option would be to rma the motherboard, what do you guys think? Also if I do where would it be faster to do it via Newegg or Asus?

Inperatrix wrote:
hmm I guess at this point the best option would be to rma the motherboard, what do you guys think? Also if I do where would it be faster to do it via Newegg or Asus?

If you're within Newegg's RMA time period, definitely go through them.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

Inperatrix
Level 7
Also I decided to just remove the cooler block and check the cpu/socket and everything looked fine.