cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC won't properly reset from BIOS or apply changes. Wat do?

PeacefulPatriot
Level 8
My Specs: Maximus IX Formula, i7 7700k watercooled, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200 Mhz, EVGA 1080ti FE watercooled, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2.

So whenever I go into BIOS to make changes, then save and reset, my PC shuts off, then turns back on with no video or POST, forcing me to manually reset the power. When I go back into the BIOS, while my selections saved, the changes never actually applied, meaning my 3200 Mhz RAM is stuck at 2132 Mhz, at 1.2 Volts and my i7 7700k is stuck at 4.2 Ghz.
14 REPLIES 14

Nate152
Hi PeacefulPatriot

I'm thinking your ram is unstable and is likely why it won't boot.

Try setting your ram manually instead of using XMP, if you're not sure how it's easy.

1) Set the AI Overclock Tuner to Manual.
2) Scroll down and set the Dram Frequency to 3200MHz
3) Scroll down to Dram voltage and enter in 1.35v
4) Scroll down to CPU System Agent voltage and enter in 1.20v
5) Scroll down to CPU VCCIO voltage and enter in 1.15v

Dram Timing Control

6) At the very top enter in the primary timings which are the first 3 timings and just below those command rate 2.

F10 and Enter

How does she go ?

No good, I'm afraid. My PC wouldn't cycle power. Still awaiting input. In the meantime, I'll play DIMM roulette to see if it's a hardware issue.

I could use mu graphics card after 50 days I got help around and saw a video about (error code 43) in device manager in w10 and it was that the AMD software was removed so even amd compability tool can say error that it found no AMD software thats good. So restart pc turn off amd applications in Control Panel. And after that download GPU-Z and look for number letter but pick only the end letter amount of 8 totally and search Ati win flash or flash bios for card and these letters I had to run one software with cmd and choose install flash and after the software without cmd and install ATI cpu radeon graphics after that reboot the gpu worked like a charm so I thought that it was imposdible but if you see triangle with error code 43 try this and it can get it done! 

Chino
Level 15

It's actually 2 identical 16GB kits together, something I'm starting to regret. I'm trying to manually tweak right now, without much luck.

Chino
Level 15

Hi, try this for me and report back. Shutdown the computer and unplug or switch off your PC's power supply. Wait at least 30 seconds and reconnect your power and boot back into bios. Did your system time reset? If your settings have reverted and/or your system time is reset it means that your CMOS battery on your MB has died and needs replaced. It's rare but in certain situations this battery needs to be functional and have a charge in order for BIOS settings to be updated correctly. Again, it's rare but depending on how the MB is designed it's an integral part of the circuit and if the dead battery offers resistance that sometimes causes issues. Just a shot in the dark but give it a try.

Are you sure that you are fully resetting BIOS before you try and apply changes? Check the CMOS battery with a battery tester or substitute with a new purchase. They are not expensive. Leave battery out for 5 mins and before you put battery back in press the power on and reset buttons a few times to make sure board is fully discharged. You will know if you have done a FULL reset if you have to enter the correct time and date again. Have never known a BIOS to not accept changes.

I have exactly the same problem as the opener of the thread.

I have Maximus IX Apex. Not Formula.
CPU 7700K
Memory G.Skill Trident Z 2x8 4266 Mhz DDR4

Tried all Bios versions, All acts the same. I'm starting to lose faith in Asus..