cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC won't POST nor go to BIOS after changing CPU voltage to adaptive mode + offset

rhettm
Level 7
Hello, I've been playing with overclocking for a while but it looks like a made a wrong setting and now it wont even take me to post and enter the BIOS. What I did was the tuning my overclocking then I set the cpu core voltage to adaptive with an offset of +0.010, the original voltage before setting to adaptive was 1.257V manual, trying to tune the cpu to 4.2ghz. Blck freq was 100, sync all cores to 42.

Now it just shows the q code '33' then restarts, then turns off nothing on the screen. I tried resetting the CMOS with the clr_cmos button and removing the onboard battery to no luck. I tried the usb bios flashback also but it didn't work either. Q code according to manual: 32-36, cpu post memory initialization. Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much and will be waiting for your reply.

Asus deluxe ii
i7 6800k
2x8gb ddr4 3200mhz ram
Samsung 850 pro 512gb
Gtx 1080
2 REPLIES 2

wmakaiwi
Level 7
I think adaptive + offset is broken. You need to set the voltage to manual. Have you tried pulling the power cord, holding down the power to discharge capacitors ? Try resetting CMOS or pull the battery for 5-10 minutes again so you can get back into the BIOS.

wmakaiwi wrote:
I think adaptive + offset is broken. You need to set the voltage to manual. Have you tried pulling the power cord, holding down the power to discharge capacitors ? Try resetting CMOS or pull the battery for 5-10 minutes again so you can get back into the BIOS.

Hello wmakaiwi, yes I tried all possible methods, pressing the clr_cmos button, removing the cmos battery and leaving it for hours. :'( i was reading other posts with adaptive and offset, they were still able to get it back to normal, but my problem is I can't POST nor go to BIOS.