cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Performance drop, Windows rating lowered. Crosshair V Formula Z

leon_lowden
Level 7
Hey,

So basically i upgraded (Or atleast I thought I was upgrading) from my ASUS M5A78l-M USB3 to a ROG Crosshair V Formula Z.

Now after a clean install in windows, updated all drivers etc installed a few of my games, Arma, WoW and so on. I have noticed a significant drop in performance on my setup as a whole, not just while gaming, windows take longer to open, programs hang when booting and the FPS drop in game is horrendous.

Now I know this is down to something to do with the board as when i switch back to the M5A, everything works fine.

So I'm asking here if there is some compatibility issues with my rig, and what PSU would be recommended for it.

Specs are;

Crosshair V Formula Z 990FX
AMD FX8320 Black Edition 8 Core 3.5Ghz
ASUS GTX 650
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600 Mhz (The mobo keeps setting this to 1333 aswell for some reason)
PSU 700Watt (Can't remember branding)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
12 REPLIES 12

Chino
Level 15
List the exact brand and model of your PSU for me please. Also confirm that you've connected the 8 pin power cable to your motherboard.

leon_lowden
Level 7
Hi there, it's a Cit ATC 700UB and I don't have a 8pin on my PSU, I'm guessing this is the issue then? i've tried looking online to see the minimum power requirement for the board but had no luck

Chino
Level 15
You should have the 8 pin power connector populated. As a recommendation, you should stop using your system with that PSU.

leon_lowden
Level 7
Hi thanks for response, I've switched back to my other mobo now under your recommendations, could you recommend a PSU for me as im still fairly new to the pc scene and wouldn't want to waste money on one that's not going to be good enough.

leon_lowden
Level 7
Not looking to spend over £100 and I would be looking at somewhere like maplin or amazon, or another UK based supplier.

leon_lowden
Level 7
Will this provide me with all cables i need?

I need a 24pin for mobo,
4pin for CPU
8pin for mobo
6pin for GPU
Sata and Molex.