cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking I9-9900K on MAXIMUS X HERO

TheTiesThatBind
Level 7
So I’m trying to overclock on my Maximus X Hero but I need some help.

* So far I got 1.24V @ 5GHz All core, XMP Enabled, No to MCE, 1.05 VCCIO (maybe it will need a slight boost), 1.1 VSA and max values for CPU Core/Cache Current Limit Max, *Long and Short Duration Package Power Limit and SVID Disabled and I manage to complete successfully the Intel Burn Test @ Very High, 10 runs but I can’t pass RealBench Stress test even with 1.3Vcore and XMP disabled (16GB Ram).
* Any ideas? Shall I use LLC and increase CPU Current Capability as well? What else shall I tweak?*
*Thanks in advance!*
2 REPLIES 2

Silent_Scone
Super Moderator
Realbench will likely need more vcore, then. Some CPUs need it, my sample needs 1.37v with LLC6 to pass RB at 5GHz on all cores which equates to roughly 1.32v underload.

Keep in mind that RB utilises Handbrake encoding which is tougher to pass due to fairly heavy use of AVX instruction sets. It may be necessary on some samples to make use of the AVX offset for these workloads at a given overclock. Temps are also a large factor, too.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

Silent Scone@ASUS wrote:
Realbench will likely need more vcore, then. Some CPUs need it, my sample needs 1.37v with LLC6 to pass RB at 5GHz on all cores which equates to roughly 1.32v underload.

Keep in mind that RB utilises Handbrake encoding which is tougher to pass due to fairly heavy use of AVX instruction sets. It may be necessary on some samples to make use of the AVX offset for these workloads at a given overclock. Temps are also a large factor, too.

Thanks for the reply, I will try it out as soon as possible. Maybe I will try also applying derbauer’s settings and also perform a format and see how it works out since I changed my CPU.*