cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclocking Failed Issue For My Maximus VII Hero

jedlarosa
Level 7
Hello,

Can anyone help me with my problem, please?

I already tried doing some research on google, but nothing solve my problem!  I have 4790k i7, Maximus hero vii and corsair ddr3 2400 MHz 32GB ram.

Now, in the bios settings, it still keeps reading 1333 MHz for my ram. I tried using the XMP profile settings, reboot it and then bam! Boot fails! Nothing happens!
How to solve this problem, please? It looks like I need to do some manual setup for the settings in the bios.

Please help. I just need correct settings please to avoid boot failed, please!
11 REPLIES 11

jedlarosa
Level 7
So is i7-4790k is not enough to run the rams at 2400mhz? Thank you so much for the information, Arne! 🙂

If that is the case, what is your recommendation on what kind of CPU that I need to replace with, so my computer can run on 2400mhz? Or does the upgrade will only slightly increase only?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The problem is the memory controller is just as subject to the silicon lottery as the CPU cores themselves...so you can get a 4790K that will run higher frequencies and you can find one that can't.

However, the difference between 2400 and 2200 or 2133 will be minimal in everyday computing or gaming...