cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overclock i5-8600k with some benchmarks

samuel9521
Level 7
Hi All,
I have an intel core i5-8600k overclocked to 5GHz at 1.33V, but I tested it at 1.39V @5.1GHz, and it seems to be stable.
Do you think it's safe to set this voltage for everyday usage?
Thanks in advance
32 REPLIES 32

HiVizMan
Level 40
Outstanding thank you. Was merely reiterating my creedo when it comes to clocking a PC. Folks get focused on a target, and that is not good. Focus on the temp and your OC will be solid.

Enjoy your system mate.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I saw that video too with roman. damn. I cant believe they made the die that thick, 2x thicker than 8th gen, and then solder. it is like nothing was accomplished with the soldering when they made the die that big. I get that they needed a new die for 8 cores but damn, they could have halved it in thickness... imagine what would happen to the 9th gen if they didn't solder haha it would burn...

a delid is coming in the future, and liquid metal might be the choice. just deleting the silicone layer around the IHS and putting some good paste does a lot!

and it seems that Bronson you might be stuck at 4.9 if you are happy there why bother. I know, it feels sad not getting 5.0. but it is soon forgotten 🙂 (bclk adjustment?) 😉

peace

Bronson
Level 7
Thanks kalle-m, it feelsgodman to have someone appreciate my merely 4.9ghz instead of a round holy 5.0 😄

Roman makes delid and downgrinding the chip look so easy and tempting 😄