cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Hardware question

Dopeus
Level 7
Apologies in advance if this has been asked a zillion times. I searched in the forums, but everything on here seems to be for newer stuff.

How do I know if I need to raise other voltages besides my main CPU voltage to either avoid a bottle neck or get stability out of an overclock? Are there signs and symptoms?

I have my DRAM voltage set to auto. I intend to leave it that way. I don't know what to think tho. The XMP profile sets the voltage to 1.67. The advertised max voltage is 1.65. My thought is leave it alone! But I am afraid I am going to fry something. Should I lower the voltage? Should I copy the settings but take it off the xmp profile and manually set the timings and such?

The rest of my voltages seem to be related to the North Bridge. I think once I start adjusting them I am really going to let the cat out of the bag as far as headaches and mystery issues. I also fear that if I don't raise all or some of these other voltages to match my new CPU voltage, I am never going to be able to optimize my rig, which will create unnecessary heat, and frustration.

If I can figure out how, I will create a signature with my specs in it. Not sure they matter for these questions, but if they do:
asus 970 pro gaming/ aura MOBO
AMD FX 6350 CPU
CLC 280 AIO
2x8 GB DDR3 RAM @ 2133
MSI Radeon r9 270 OC GPU
1500W PSU.
Its all old, I don't care. I play old games. Sorry it isn't ROG branded, please don't be snobs. It is still ASUS board.
0 REPLIES 0