cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OCZ leaving memory module market

martin_metal_88
Level 8
After being the OC favorit for DDR1, then a disapointing low life spawn memory with the DDR2 and DDR3 line, OCZ Finally decide to end their lowest margin market to head for the world they are the best SSD.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/memory/display/20110111145342_OCZ_Technology_Withdraws_from_Memory_Mark...
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!
5 REPLIES 5

ottoyu34
Level 9
I guess the hardware market is changing very rapidly these days, not to forget the competition.

xeromist
The memory market is down so now is probably a good time to focus on the growing SSD market.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

martin_metal_88
Level 8
I have a friend down here at ocz support that told me about this. He pointed to few thing about leaving the market.The biggest point is to produce more SSD to reduce cost and push on research for faster performance and new standard ( like PCI-e drive ) but here are the other point :
3-5% margin on memory
Not a lot of research available. It's mostly waiting for chip brand to find new thing.
A lot of brand that all offer the same product make competitiong pretty useless.
Lot's of service for memory setting and thing like that, that is useless and time consuming.

Now just hope OCZ will cut their cheap PSU brand and push more on PC power and cooling. It's time to upgrade the old silencer CWT design for a new flowerpower or seasonic design.
Martin_metal_88

Colenzo :Coolermaster ATCS 840 | Gigabyte's EP55-UD5 | Intel Core I7 860 @ 3.8Ghz | 4GB G.skill Trident 1600 | MSI GTX460 1GB HAWK Twin frozr | WD 640 black + WD 1TB green + WD 1TB Blue | Pionner DVR-216 | Silverstone Strider Plus 850W | Coolermaster Hyper 212 plus in push pull fan config |

Ask for more!

xeromist
I've only had one OCZ PSU and it died...so yeah stick to the SSD's. LOL.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

martin_metal_88
Level 8
You can't even imagine how much of these PSU I saw dead over time XD They are not even sparkle ( which is the lowest OEM I concider ) so it's getting dirt cheap XD
I don't see the point of buying PC power and cooling few years back to stop them from releasing new product and release some crap PSU. They could make good money out of it only by letting them do what they do the best, PSU.
Martin_metal_88

Ask for more!