cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

oc voltage

DSD27
Level 7
Hi,
I overlcocked my 4670k to 4.2GHz, at "1.165V".
I'm intrigued because when I use Manual voltage, I set 1.16V, on manual voltage override, and then on windows, it is at 1.168V.
( 0.008v higher ), and when I do a stress test with realbench, it goes up to 1.184V.
I thought such thing would be normal with adaptive voltage, and manual voltage supposed to be fixed, and not change.
Is this normal? am I missing something?
I already tried lowering LLC, and cpu power power phase control, but makes no difference. However, im stable 😉
But I would like to know if this is normal, and if it isnt, how to fix it. (my system is on my signature, maximus vi hero, 4670k..)

thanks
7 REPLIES 7

Nate152
1.65v is not normal. 1.18v is normal. What are your cpu temps at 4.2 Ghz. at 1.18v?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yes that will happen as you have LLC set on auto.

Go into the DIgi+ section and set LLC to 4 or 5
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Yes that will happen as you have LLC set on auto.

Go into the DIgi+ section and set LLC to 4 or 5

I have it on level 1..
I had it on auto before, and on auto it was on level 8.
I will try level 4 and see what it does.

Raja
Level 13
Small fluctuations are perfectly normal from idle to load and vice versa. The software reporting isn't really 100% accurate either - don't worry about these things 🙂

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Small fluctuations are perfectly normal from idle to load and vice versa. The software reporting isn't really 100% accurate either - don't worry about these things 🙂

Ok, so no problem 🙂

DSD27
Level 7
made no difference.
no matter what I set, 1.160, or 1.165, 1.17, or 1.175, It will allways be 1.168V, and 1.184 under load. :confused:

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The CPU takes some of it's own decisions too in asking for voltage...depending on load, temps, current etc etc....and readings aren't micro exact.

BIOS is like having a conversation with the missus about shoe shopping ......giving the missus four 50 pound notes and saying spend 160....you are not going to get 40 quid change...