cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Noob @ Rampage V Extreme

dialsc
Level 7
Hi there,

As stated in the title I'm a total noob in terms of OC, doing it the very first time. So far I was able to get my system to run at 4.4G very stable with adaptive voltage settings, I love it... 😉 I was setting up this OC profile manually because what ever auto config I tried from within the BIOS and even using the 5 way optimization from within AISuite did always end up the same way. Once the PC reboots it does not get to the point where it starts the OS anymore. Looks like a freez. I got Q-Codes like 95 and b6 and what ever else, but it never ever worked.

I also managed to get the Max. CPU Cache ratio up to 4400MHz as well as having the RAM run at 17-15-15-35@2666MHz, again: stable.

Now that I found a setup running fine I started trying to push it even a little bit further but here I got stuck. I was trying to do a per core multiplier configuration like this:

1-Core: 46
2-Core: 45
3-Core: 45
4-Core: 44
5-Core: 44
6-Core: 44

What ever test I run on the system, the frequency of the cores when not having full load through out all cores is never passing behind 4400MHz. E.g. I tried with IntelBurnTest having selected to run the test only against on core does not change anything.

It would be very cool if someone could give me a hint why I'm not able to achieve this setup.

My Hardware:

• Mainboard: Asus Rampage V Extreme
  • CPU: HexaCore Intel Core i7-5930K, 3500 MHz (35 x 100)
  • CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i GTX (Water Cooling)
  • PSU: Corsair RM1000
  • RAM: Corsair CMD32GX4M4A2666C15 (4x8GB Kit)
  • GPU: NVIDIA Quadro K4200
  • Case: Coolmaster COSMOS II
  • HDDs 1: 2 x Samsung SSD 850 PRO 256GB
  • HDDs 2: 2 x KINGSTON SSD SH103S3120G
  • HDDs 3: 3 x WDC WD3200YS-01PGB0 -> As RAID 5
  • HDDs 4: 1 x WD1001FALS-00J7B0
2 REPLIES 2

Chino
Level 15

No. I'm using CPUID HWMonitor which shows me the clock speed of each individual core.

But I still was searching and trying around yesterday and I came across a forum where I found the information that in order to get that working at least C-3 state has to be enabled. Therefore I enabled all the c-states in the bios and no I can see in HWMonitor that individual cores are running at the desired speed sometimes.

What's interessting as well for me is that if I run tests or applications just using one or two cores or so the clock speed of the cores mostly only goes up to 3500MHz.