cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OC Adaptive Mode vCore Doesnt Drop....

rjbarker
Level 11
So I'm using Adaptive Mode (1.285v LLC 6) .....ran a ton of stress tests yesterday with a final 12 Hr P95 Blend run.
All Cores 5 Ghz / Cache Ratio 4.7 Ghz

Under load my vCore is between 1.270v - 1.296v - setting LLC lower to say "5" will result in vDroop and 1.225v - results in a failed P95 Blend test after about an hour.

I have IST ..Speed Shift...C States ..everything power saving enabled, yet my vCore is always at 1.314v ...even when the CPU downclocks....what am I missing here...on my old RIVE I used to use Offset Mode for Voltage and my CPU would downclock as would my vCore.

What am I missing here guys.
15 REPLIES 15

rjbarker
Level 11
See my EDIT to my post above guys...

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm...weird...I would have presumed auto to be enabled...but you know what they say about assumption...and motherhood...

MCE is kind of bread and butter for OCing...without it only single cores are doing max Turbo duty right?...MCE has them all maxed out...with higher voltage/temps in attendance I guess...

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Hmm...weird...I would have presumed auto to be enabled...but you know what they say about assumption...and motherhood...

MCE is kind of bread and butter for OCing...without it only single cores are doing max Turbo duty right?...MCE has them all maxed out...with higher voltage/temps in attendance I guess...

Yeah Ive heard some say to disable MCE for OC'ing.....I presently have it disables but all of my Cores are boosting to 5 Ghz....thanks Arnie!!!

Alaxang
Level 7
Hi All, I have the same issue with rjbrarker and I cannot find this Package C state limit under my Power Management Control.

CPU - i9 9900k
MB- Z390 Gene
XMP 1
sync all core
Adaptive Vcore -1.29 offset- auto
llc-lvl 6
Current capability -140%
OC @ 5GHz
Bio Ver 0805*
All other setting i leave as default auto

I have checked HWM and CPUZ and Vcore is always @ 1.279 and my CPU was constant @ 5GHz lol...
OS power mode - balance.

Alaxang wrote:
Hi All, I have the same issue with rjbrarker and I cannot find this Package C state limit under my Power Management Control.

CPU - i9 9900k
MB- Z390 Gene
XMP 1
sync all core
Adaptive Vcore -1.29 offset- auto
llc-lvl 6
Current capability -140%
OC @ 5GHz
Bio Ver 0805*
All other setting i leave as default auto

I have checked HWM and CPUZ and Vcore is always @ 1.279 and my CPU was constant @ 5GHz lol...
OS power mode - balance.

Update: I managed to find C package limit under C - State under the advanced option in bios.
Under bios 0805
Goes to advanced > CPU management at the bottom> C state - from AUTO > Enable.
Save and go back to Window > Balance power option works as per normal. now Vcore fluctuate according to frequency:)

Alaxang
Level 7
I was thinking whole night and this morning I went to play around with window 10 power option.
Default was on balance so I changed to power saving and there the frequency and vcore was dropping on idle. However when I changed back to balance it was back to 5Ghz and 1.279vcore. I went back to check on the Processor power management and under both balance and power saving, they are having the same setup as min- 5% max 100%.

I am confused on what other setting difference could be causing this difference lol...

In the end since Power saving option works as what I wanted. I just select power saving mode changed the advance setting to how balance is