cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Observations going from 5Ghz to 5.1Ghz on 8700k

walrbe
Level 8
I wanted test 5.1 today and see where I got to. Well didn't get there. Could not run Cinebench completely.

Using 1.38 Volts and LLC 6. I'm not sure pushing voltage any higher could achieve much even if stable as my temps hit high 90's. I wonder if going higher on LLC will help?

At 5ghz I'm using 1.3 Volts and perfectly stable across many bench tests. Looks like I will have to settle for 5.0. Which is fine, I was just pushing the system a little further to see what would happen.:)
5 REPLIES 5

Menthol
Level 14
Sounds like your chip is not dlidded by the temperature your reporting, temperature will be the limiting factor. Here is Silicon Lottery's stats for delidded 8700K chips they sold.

Menthol wrote:
Sounds like your chip is not dlidded by the temperature your reporting, temperature will be the limiting factor. Here is Silicon Lottery's stats for delidded 8700K chips they sold.

Yes not dellided. Those stats for delid chips require a lot of voltage for the relative overclocks, for instance why is 5Ghz 1.4 V, it should show lower than non-delid. I probably delid eventually but would like to see at least 5.2 on my chip, otherwise its not much to gain for real world use.

Menthol wrote:

we have recommend for 9600k ? :rolleyes:

Woohoo got 5.1

Menthol
Level 14
I don't think they bin each chip for minimum voltage at each speed.
I own one of there 5.3 chips and it comfortably runs at 5.0 on less than 1.3 volts on a X Apex with cache speed boosted and high speed memory