cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noiseblocker Updates MultiFrame Fan Design, Adds Insulating Gasket

ottoyu34
Level 9
I personally use the S-series as case fans and they are one of the most slient fans I've ever used.

Noiseblocker, a company that specializes in low-noise PC cooling solutions released an updated design for its MultiFrame S-Series case fans. The updated design features a gasket ring along the periphery of the frame that comes in contact with the case or radiator, that provides some insulation to the frame. Noiseblocker suggests that the new MultiFrame is best suited for water-cooling setups, for use with radiators. The new MultiFrame fans come in 120 mm and 80 mm sizes, and are priced on par with the older variants: around 20 EUR for the 120 mm, and around 15 EUR for the 80 mm size.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/129485/Noiseblocker_Updates_MultiFrame_Fan_Design_Adds_Insulating_Gasket....
4 REPLIES 4

Retired
Not applicable
whats the cfm on them?

xeromist
So is the only modification the gasket? Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a nice feature, but I wonder how they compare to my Noctua's for static pressure when in use for push/pull.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Brian@ASUS wrote:
whats the cfm on them?

There's three variants:

M12-S1 (8db 750rpm 58 m³/h 34CFM)
M12-S2 (19db 1250rpm 87 m³/h 51CFM)
M12-S3HS (27db 1800rpm 124 m³/h 73CFM)
M12-P (12-29db 1000-2000rpm 73-133 m³/h 43-78CFM)

xeromist wrote:
So is the only modification the gasket? Don't get me wrong, it sounds like a nice feature, but I wonder how they compare to my Noctua's for static pressure when in use for push/pull.

looks to me only added a gasket too. The original design where the 4 sides are huge rubber, but it also raised the fan from the mounting surface hence a gap. They adding this gasket which might be useful in watercooling radiator applications. I personally would say the affect as a case fan is minimal, since vibrations could also increased due to increased mounting area.

tbh, I found these to replace my Noctua P12 on my ATCS 840 as rear fan. I didn't test them in open air by themselves & compare. But the Noiseblock M12-S2 pushed more air with less noise on the same mounting location. I also use Scythe Gentle Typhoon (AP-14 1,450rpm) on my Feser 360 rad. These fan live up to their name & hype. I open air tested all my Nocuta P12 and they make a low frequency humming noise, the air flow they generate is fair. While Scythe GT pushing much much more air than P12s. GTs are more slient except a bit of motor noise.

I later sold all 5 of my Noctua P12 fans.

xeromist
Good to know. Thanks for the lowdown.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…