cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound tab/equalizer

Fernandito
Level 7
Hello.

Given the zero support I had in the z97 motherboard forum section, even from any Asus engineer or mod, I'm trying this section now and see If any of you could help me.

I'Ve just purchased an Asus Maximus Ranger VII, and although I'm quite happy with the product overall, my dissapointment (for now) toward the integrated sound card is growing stronger.

I use optical wire, plugged to a Samsung smart bar. Problem is that in the Supreme Fx sound panel I can't find the "Sound" tab that allows me to switch among a decent choice of sound presets (rock, jazz, etc),; and the thing that bothers me the most..., there is no equalizer available. Here's a pic:

To my surprise, If I go options and switch from " HD audio" to "AC97 front panel", then everything I was looking for suddenly pops up:

Everything I want access to while using optical is in the "Sonic Studio" tab, as you can see. But the moment I set digital output to default, then what you see in the first pic is all I've got. Needless to say I can't switch to this output and set it to default (obvioulsy), but It's still being shown there...

Anyone knows a fix for this?. I come from a Gigabyte p35/ds4 that also had realtek sound. Also used the optical output with it and the equalizer/sound tab was available.

Also..., what is that waving sound I can notice when playing music/games?. It's so damn annoying. How can I disable such thing?

Thanks in advance, and sorry If this has been asked/posted before, which I'm sure It's been, but couldn't find anything related.

Help would be much appreciated.

Regards
7 REPLIES 7

Fernandito
Level 7
For the love of the God. No even one of you have this problem at all?

heeeyy Any Asus tech in this forum that can help me?

anyone there?

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Fernandito,

Sorry that you didn't get a reply on this topic. For issues as specific as this one, it's probably better to contact our support team directly.

I will contact our motherboard and audio team and inform them about this issue and see if they can provide you with any solutions. Will get back to you once I hear back from them.

Cheers,
Bahz

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Fernandito,

I've received feedback from our team and it's similar to what I originally thought. Since most people who use digital optical outputs connect to amplifiers or sound systems which already have plenty of sounds modes available, it's usually rare for users to look for equalizer support through software. If a pure signal is not fed through from the source, undesirable sound will occur and noise amplified when people use sound modes on those systems.

Thank you for your feedback on this matter, I will definitely forward your feedback over to our product teams to review.

Best Regards,
Bahz

Fernandito
Level 7
Thanks for the help.

I was suspecting something like that too, although like I said, when I used optical audio on a Gigabyte p35/ds4, the also realtek control panel allowed me the use of sound presets and the equalizer, and never ever did I have any trouble with my samsung smart bar.

ok..

You're welcome and thanks for providing the extra details, I will make sure to forward this information to our products team.

Cheers,
Bahz

Fernandito
Level 7
Hello again.

For Bath and anyone who also had the "issue" I was talking about in the first post.

This is just a workaround. No actual fix, but it works.

I've found a way to use equ/presets/everything I wanted with digital output. You have to first plug the headphones or analog speakers for all the
options to appear, specially Sonic Studio studio, which seems to be working along with the equ you may set in this tab long as you left it on before unplugging headphones and switching back to digital. The options/equ/presets/whatever you used while in analog works now on digital. You just have to go back to analog (plug headphonmes again) anytime you want to change preset/equ/whatever.

By the way. It fixed the too low sound issue as well. Everything sounds much higher now thanks basically to letting Sonic Studio on, and that virtual surrond thingy, among other things.

Let this serve others. That in case no one found a solution yet.

porrado
Level 7
Fernandito wrote:
Hello.

Given the zero support I had in the z97 motherboard forum section, even from any Asus engineer or mod, I'm trying this section now and see If any of you could help me.

I'Ve just purchased an Asus Maximus Ranger VII, and although I'm quite happy with the product overall, my dissapointment (for now) toward the integrated sound card is growing stronger.

I use optical wire, plugged to a Samsung smart bar. Problem is that in the Supreme Fx sound panel I can't find the "Sound" tab that allows me to switch among a decent choice of sound presets (rock, jazz, etc),; and the thing that bothers me the most..., there is no equalizer available. Here's a pic:

To my surprise, If I go options and switch from " HD audio" to "AC97 front panel", then everything I was looking for suddenly pops up:

Everything I want access to while using optical is in the "Sonic Studio" tab, as you can see. But the moment I set digital output to default, then what you see in the first pic is all I've got. Needless to say I can't switch to this output and set it to default (obvioulsy), but It's still being shown there...

Anyone knows a fix for this?. I come from a Gigabyte p35/ds4 that also had realtek sound. Also used the optical output with it and the equalizer/sound tab was available.

Also..., what is that waving sound I can notice when playing music/games?. It's so damn annoying. How can I disable such thing?

Thanks in advance, and sorry If this has been asked/posted before, which I'm sure It's been, but couldn't find anything related.

Help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Forget about them helping lmao... First of their warranty is fake. They are liars and whatever they promise is fake. Whenever you try to RMA anythign even if its 1 day after you got it you are ****ed. They will make you pay for just checking on your laptop then charge extra money for the repairs... besides that the repairs are extra overpriced... My laptop came with a damged GPU now this **** is worth less than $800. Besides that the GPU is soldered to the motherboard so its impossible to replace it... yes my laptop now is garbage and any $300 laptop is better than this... I got scammed by ASUS. NEver buy anythign from them.... NEVER. THEY DESERVE TO GO TO JAIL.