cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with RAM Overclocking

xTeQuiLa
Level 7
Hello ASUS forum !

I have the ASUS RAMPAGE IV EXTREME with 64GB of Corsair dominator platinum and I want to overclocked them to their stock specifications through the BIOS so could anyone provide me with a step-by-step on how to do that?

Motherboard: RAMPAGE IV EXTREME
BIOS: 4310
----
RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum
RAM Type: DDR3 SDRAM
Capacity/Density : 64GB (8x8GB)
Speed: 2133MHz (PC3 17066)
Timing: 9-11-11-31
Voltage: 1.65V

*Note: This RAM kit supports Intel XMP 1.3

Thanks

Im looking forward for your replies 😄
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Srep by step not really since there might be a whole load of tweaks necessary to get that much RAM up and running and it's very CPU dependant...

Have a good read here: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?25510-Rampage-IV-Extreme-RAM-Guide&country=&status=

xTeQuiLa
Level 7
So I did made the overclock through the BIOS using XMP, however I only see 32GB of RAM installed while I have 64GB in...

What could the problem be?

I also tried to install the EZ-PLUG and still the problem exists...

Anyone could help ?

xTeQuiLa
Level 7
CPU-Z reports that SLOTS 5-8 are not occupied, however they are !

also before this I had 24 GB (6x4GB) of RAM and it was working well...

Why doesn't this RAM kit works with my MB? 😕

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is not so much the motherboard but the CPU. The CPU is where the memory controller lives.

Please test each memory socket with one stick or ram and post back your outcome.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

xTeQuiLa
Level 7
I've tested each one of the them and they are all working, however it looks like the problem exists with the fact that this RAM kit is Dual Channel... I had to return them due to incompatibility...

However I'm thinking now of getting the Quad Channel memory from Corsair:

http://www.corsair.com/us/memory-by-product-family/dominator-platinum-ddr3-memory/dominator-platinum...

So If I got 2 kits of those, will Windows and CPU-Z report that there are 64GB of RAM or will it not?