cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with manual overclock (i9-13900K, Z790-E)

stormlord85
Level 7

I need a little guidance on doing a manual  CPU overclock in the motherboard bios. I've been trying to dial in an overclock with static clock, static min/max cache ratio, and using adaptive voltage. I can't seem to obtain stability when testing with Prime95, so I want to try setting everything manually, including the voltage, but I want to ensure I'm not missing any steps. Here's my setup:

CPU:  Intel i9-13900K

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z790-E 

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws S5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 

These are the basic steps I'm following:

1.  Set clock: Sync All Cores – All-Core Ratio Limit (Multiplier): I'm trying to hit as high as possible while retaining under 95 degree max in prime95, I'm currently at 58x multiplier. I'd like to keep temps under 90 if possible, and I'd like to go higher to 59x or 60x, if possible.

2.  Set Min and Max CPU Cache Ratio (Multiplier): I'm currently using 47 or 48 (I can't recall).  When I go higher than this the temps go crazy in Prime95. I have Ring Down Bin on Auto.

3. I have all the voltage at auto. My understanding is that to set a static voltage, I change Actual CRM Core Voltage to Manual Mode and then enter the value in the CPU Core Voltage Override field.

Are there any steps I'm missing to perform a manual overclock? 

Do you suggest I continue using Prime95 to test stability?

I'm been messing around with this for over a week, so I need to make sure I understand the basic steps. Any assistance you can provide would be really helpful.

Other settings that I have in the Bios:

Intel Adaptive Boost: Disabled

Asus MultiCore Enhancement: Disabled – Enforce All Limits

I have ecores disabled and some power savings features.

0 REPLIES 0