cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help on Asus Rog impact itx headphone amp.

jango
Level 7
I have a problem driving my beyerdynamics dt880 250ohm headphone with this newly released board. Im not sure where the issue is, im alre at max volume and the sound is awful. I read that it has a builtin lm4562 amp that can drive up to 600ohm headset but the manual is sorely lacking. I tried back and front panel as well as selecting headphone when auto jack detection pops up. Theres no gain setting or any equivalent option in the soundmanager. Pls advice.
3 REPLIES 3

Madfonzy
Level 7
jango wrote:
I have a problem driving my beyerdynamics dt880 250ohm headphone with this newly released board. Im not sure where the issue is, im alre at max volume and the sound is awful. I read that it has a builtin lm4562 amp that can drive up to 600ohm headset but the manual is sorely lacking. I tried back and front panel as well as selecting headphone when auto jack detection pops up. Theres no gain setting or any equivalent option in the soundmanager. Pls advice.

When I plug in my headphone it comes up with the "High Definition Audio" window. I select headphones and the sound it great. Volume at 20% sounds goods, at 40% it is getting loud, 50% is too loud.

When I built my system there were two audio from the case front panel. One was HD-Audio and the other AC97 Audio. Can you confirm you have the HD one plugged in? This might be your problem.

Madfonzy wrote:
When I plug in my headphone it comes up with the "High Definition Audio" window. I select headphones and the sound it great. Volume at 20% sounds goods, at 40% it is getting loud, 50% is too loud.

When I built my system there were two audio from the case front panel. One was HD-Audio and the other AC97 Audio. Can you confirm you have the HD one plugged in? This might be your problem.

Yep. I did get the same HD audio interface and I selected headphones. Just to be sure, does the headphone amp only work on front panel and rear panel or just front panel alone?

jango wrote:
Yep. I did get the same HD audio interface and I selected headphones. Just to be sure, does the headphone amp only work on front panel and rear panel or just front panel alone?

Ok I unplugged the rear panel front speakers and plugged in the headphones. In the HDA window it comes up with a selection of front or headphones. Select headphones and it works... just as loud.

Try these:
1- DIfferent speakers
2 - Make sure all the sound effects and karoake voice cancellation are off and the music is playing flat. I just experimented with mine and some the equaliser settings make the sound horrible.