cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need help father and i in over clocking

jaymison13
Level 7
my father and I used ai suite 3 and found out that the highest the cpu could go was about 4.4ghz at 1.264 v and the temp stayed around 28-35c and when stressed got around 55-65c but ai when we clocked it to 4.6ghz it crashed, we want to know if it was the volts because it did applied it after the computer rebooted and the volts were 1.316 and the temp was still in the 30's c. so is their away to use ai to go higher than 4.4 and keep it stable or is it better to use the bios?
system:
Maximus v1 formula
intel i7 4770k
asus geforce gtx 780 directcu ii oc
Phanteks PH-TC14PE
patriot viper 3 16gb (2 x 8gb) 240-pin ddr3 1866
cooler master haf 932 advance
corsair ax860
6 REPLIES 6

kkn
Level 14
best and stable way is to use bios.
its an trial and error way.
ib BSOD use cmos button on the back of I/O shiled.
take a look in the maximus tread and the sticky about OC.
you only need to change a couple of settings in bios.
XMP, multi on cpu, voltage for cpu and mabye for ram.
mabye start a OF tread in the maximus tread and ppl will post back and mabye help out.
in the end its the CPU cooler that sets the limit of an OC.

chrsplmr
Level 18
kkn+

Welcome to ROG - Jaymison13.
If you haven't already Please read through these guides .. they are not your basic dull
'manual how to' .. they are by real people with expert experience .. 'our guys'.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?33488-Maximus-VI-Series-UEFI-Guide-for-Overclocking&country...

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?35027-UEFI-BIOS-Tweak-Guides-for-Maximus-VI-Multiple-Incomi...

Now alot of hard work went into the development of AiSuite, I am sure, but no where in these guides
will it mention it, few here even have it installed.
So please dive into OC'n with confidence and fear not trial and error.
Take a look at cpuZ outputs and RB2 results to see the capabilities of your equipment.
No rush, the fun is in the journey .. you and dad have a blast .. 'we', I assure you, will be here to
answer any/as many questions as you have .. [even the top guys discover New things along the
way and between each other .. everyday.]

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?40057-RealBench-v2.0-Public-Beta!-amp-Leaderboard&country=&...

http://rog.asus.com/rog-pro/realbench-v2-leaderboard/?Laptop=desktop&CPU=intel&gpu=all&Core=all&view...

Best of Luck. Keep us posted. .c.

Antronman
Level 10
Just something you should know though...after seeing project black and red, it becomes quite clear in which universe chris lives in. The shroomverse.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

chrsplmr
Level 18
Thank You Antronman. hahaha ...

You may have noticed that Project: Black and Red was completed in 30 days and 300 man hours,
from concept, execution and completion.
I dare to say that it would take a team a year to complete such a feat, if they got caught up in the
red tape of such a thing and any were capable of original thought.
Black and Red started from some tongue and cheek between @Mason, @Brian and myself, which
of course I carried to the extreme as you see.
Little did I, as you, know that I was treading on thin ice.
Today, as an example, Ultra is an across the market term. And the OC Panel II is common place.
Double sided boards with water cooled centers as to expand 'real estate' yet to come, they are
on 'water prep'd boards' aren't they ?
The entire point was anything is possible if you just suppose it, like walking on the moon.
Conceive, Believe, Achieve. Simple. [Not as Simple as some, yet Simple.]

I may not yet have answered all of my questions, the answers I have found have led me to
even better questions. In many ways I am still quite confused, but I believe I am confused on
a higher level and about more important things. Paraphrased of course from Omni'92.

As to 'shrooms.
'Shrooms are for children. You see I live in both Universes, and many as
yet by mere mortals ... hahahhaa ... to be conceived, or their own possibilities perceived.
Thank You for the kind words, stopping by Project:Black and Red and for playing along at home.

Happy New Year.

Chris Palmer Sr.

EDIT::::
And not one word takes a keystroke's worth of truth away from post #3. .c.

Antronman
Level 10
Chris, I just want to point out that two sided boards would not solve a single problem...see, you want to minimize surface area of the motherboard, and by making a two sided mobo you double the surface area. You have to make a larger case, because of GPUs sticking out either side. So why not just make a larger case for normal mobos? We need to downsize the components themselves. PCIe 4.0 slots should be the size of PCIe 2.0 slots. CPUs should be half their size now, and the largest, most powerful GPUs should be the size of an R7 260x.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

chrsplmr
Level 18
The cases would be shorter but wider, much like the Haf XB evo. One side of the board would
be smaller than many of todays boards. This is a moot point as condensation becomes the problem.
The gpu's are on one side. They have now combined cpu/gpu.
It was not an engineering exercise. Mr. Shih visited my office in his shuttle chair. We rented the U.N.
We affected the economy in a big way. There are now octacore cell phones.
It was a one man budgetless exercise of what is possibly impossible yet done.
Which is why I did it. Remember 'we' did 'walk' on the moon 45yrs. ago. Anything is possible.
[did you see the CrossHair V 'game'? lol. yep. twice.]

Back on Topic:

How you mak'n out OP ??? Need any help ??? .c.