cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiplier unlock fx 8150

willyboy
Level 7
installed an fx 8150 but cant unlock the multiplier, am i missing something simple or is it a bios problem. I understand a lot of people are having problems with the CHV not recognising the fx bulldozers, and i wondered if this was related i have bios 8013 i think. Is there a bios update that will help or do i just need to update to the latest bios to fix .
8 REPLIES 8

HiVizMan
Level 40
Update your BIOS and I suspect all will be sorted. My advice is to do the BIOS update via the EZFlash tool and not in OS.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

cant change the multipler on my f x8150 + CHV updated to the latest bios 1402. When i change it to manual it stays on auto and wont change.Do I need to disable something to oc have I all the power saving disabled and turbo swiched off, is there any thing else Im missing.

willyboy wrote:
cant change the multipler on my f x8150 + CHV updated to the latest bios 1402. When i change it to manual it stays on auto and wont change.Do I need to disable something to oc have I all the power saving disabled and turbo swiched off, is there any thing else Im missing.

when you change it to manual are you typeing in what you want the multiplier to be,example would be 20x would give you 4ghz.also after you type in desired mutiplier number hit enter on your keyboard
asus crosshair v ,fx8150 cpu, 16 gb g skill 1600,sapphire radeon 6870 ,mushkin 120 gb enhanced chronos sata III ssd.seagate barracuda 1tb sata 6gb storage drive,asus black blu ray burner,asus 24x dvd burner,cooler master half x blue edition with added 200mm top fan,rosewill 800 watt modular lightining series ps,cooler master hyper 212 evo .artic 5 thermal compound,vantec spectrum fan card with dual 70mm fans,nzxt 2mm led sleeved light kit,win 7 ultimate 64 bit,logitech z623 200 watt speakers

HiVizMan
Level 40
LOL you talking to me Arne? Might have seen that once or twice indeed. 😄
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmm not sure what I said...my edit comment was me talking nonsense not anyone else! Just trying to link the crosshair v article for willyboy, if he hasn't seen it...still seems link is bad.....:)

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nah I am talking about the fact that I wrote the article.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40