cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus XI Hero & i9 9900k oc

djmarks
Level 9
Hi all. I've been using some info from here to oc my pc.
I've used x-rated's recommended settings from a previous post ....

(EXTREME TWEAKER:
AI Overclock Tuner.................................XMP I
SVID Behavior......................................Best-Case Scenario
1-Core Ratio Limit.................................50
Max CPU Cache Ratio................................50
CPU Core/Cache Voltage.............................Adaptive Mode
Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage.............1.350


EXTREME TWEAKER -> EXTERNAL DIGI+ POWER CONTROL:
CPU Load-line Calibration..........................Level 6
CPU Current Capability.............................170% (or as much as possible)

EXTREME TWEAKER -> INTERNAL CPU POWER MANAGEMENT:
Long Duration Package Power Limit..................4095
Package Power Time Windows.........................127
Short Duration Package Power Limit.................4095
IA AC Load Line....................................0.01
IA DC Load Line....................................0.01)


and got a nice stable 5.1 oc. I've been dropping the Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage down by 0.1 then stress testing with XTU but I'm not sure if I'm reading the readings right.

When stress testing with XTU, I'm reading from cpuid hwmonitor the vid voltages as 1.329v with max value of 1.340v
VCCIO = 1.328v
Sys Agent = 1.216v
VCORE = 1.270v
PCH = 1.0565v
VCCPLL_OC = 1.216v

CPU-Z shows core voltage as 1.144v

Although with my limited knowledge, and with the powers of deduction, I'm assuming the VID voltages in cpuid hwmonitor is related to adjusting the Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage as my initial value was 1.350 and I witnessed that value in cpuid hwmonitor VID values.

Question is though, why is it refusing to go lower than 1.329 when I've it set to 1.310 in bios?

Edit - just noticed that VCORE in cpuid hwmonitor the max value is 1.314v. Is this due to my adjustment in bios?

Extra edit - I'm getting a nice max cpu temp of 65c - would the thought of pushing to 5.2 be too much?

Edit again - Scrath the above. The stress tests I ran last times were for 10mins and they all went ok. I then tried to run then for 30mins and they failed unmtil i returned voltage to 1.34. 10mins into a 30min test now and so far so godd!
210 Views
14 REPLIES 14

Thanks all for your advice!

I've ran XTU stress test overnight (good 8 hours) so I'm happy that this is stable now - 5ghz @ 1.31v

djmarks wrote:
Thanks all for your advice!

I've ran XTU stress test overnight (good 8 hours) so I'm happy that this is stable now - 5ghz @ 1.31v


Good stuff!!! These 9900K Chips are pretty decent Chips with 8c/16t running at 5 Ghz !!!!!!

djmarks wrote:
Thanks all for your advice!

I've ran XTU stress test overnight (good 8 hours) so I'm happy that this is stable now - 5ghz @ 1.31v


XTU is good for a baseline but be wary if you do encounter any instability simply bump vcore 15 to 20mV.
13900KS / 8000 CAS36 / ROG APEX Z790 / ROG TUF RTX 4090

jason_borman
Level 7
djmarks wrote:
Hi all. I've been using some info from here to oc my pc.
I've used x-rated's recommended settings from a previous post ....

(EXTREME TWEAKER:
AI Overclock Tuner.................................XMP I
SVID Behavior......................................Best-Case Scenario
1-Core Ratio Limit.................................50
Max CPU Cache Ratio................................50
CPU Core/Cache Voltage.............................Adaptive Mode
Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage.............1.350


EXTREME TWEAKER -> EXTERNAL DIGI+ POWER CONTROL:
CPU Load-line Calibration..........................Level 6
CPU Current Capability.............................170% (or as much as possible)

EXTREME TWEAKER -> INTERNAL CPU POWER MANAGEMENT:
Long Duration Package Power Limit..................4095
Package Power Time Windows.........................127
Short Duration Package Power Limit.................4095
IA AC Load Line....................................0.01
IA DC Load Line....................................0.01)


and got a nice stable 5.1 oc. I've been dropping the Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage down by 0.1 then stress testing with XTU but I'm not sure if I'm reading the readings right.

When stress testing with XTU, I'm reading from cpuid hwmonitor the vid voltages as 1.329v with max value of 1.340v
VCCIO = 1.328v
Sys Agent = 1.216v
VCORE = 1.270v
PCH = 1.0565v
VCCPLL_OC = 1.216v

CPU-Z shows core voltage as 1.144v

Although with my limited knowledge, and with the powers of deduction, I'm assuming the VID voltages in cpuid hwmonitor is related to adjusting the Additional Turbo Mode CPU Core Voltage as my initial value was 1.350 and I witnessed that value in cpuid hwmonitor VID values.

Question is though, why is it refusing to go lower than 1.329 when I've it set to 1.310 in bios?

Edit - just noticed that VCORE in cpuid hwmonitor the max value is 1.314v. Is this due to my adjustment in bios?

Extra edit - I'm getting a nice max cpu temp of 65c - would the thought of pushing to 5.2 be too much?

Edit again - Scrath the above. The stress tests I ran last times were for 10mins and they all went ok. I then tried to run then for 30mins and they failed unmtil i returned voltage to 1.34. 10mins into a 30min test now and so far so godd!


i made an account, to reply to a dead post from 2 years ago just to echo through the waves of time: that was literally painful to read from start to finish.

it just makes me realize how far ive come from verge guy tier.

jason.borman wrote:
i made an account, to reply to a dead post from 2 years ago just to echo through the waves of time: that was literally painful to read from start to finish.

it just makes me realize how far ive come from verge guy tier.


Yeah, I once got a little curious about my own journey from baby overclocker to... much older baby overclocker. So I went back to look at old posts on sites like xtremeoverclocking.com etc. And... wow! Won't do that again lol! But the folks who are so enthusiastic and generous about sharing hard - won knowledge about such esoterica amaze me still!
Z690 Apex 12900k G Skill 32GB 6666 Gigabyte 4080 OC H170i Elite Corsair 1600i Samsung 980 pro 2TB/1TB/1TB/1TB