cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS X HERO WiFi XMP and Boot

mrjavadtaheri
Level 7
Hi
I have mximus x hero wifi with BIOS version 1301, Following problem only occurs when enabling XMP:
When i press the power button for turning on the PC the system starts but after a second, offs and On again, Why?
Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Hi there,

that one is asked for quiet often. Worry not!
And kindly look into this similar thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99412-ASUS-ROG-X-HERO-cold-start-PC-power-on-then-shut-dow...

Rgds
Carlyle

Nate152
Hello mrjavadtaheri

It sounds like you need to tweak the CPU System Agent voltage and CPU VCCIO voltage, usually setting these two to 1.15v achieves stability.

A list of your pc specs would be helpful.

mrjavadtaheri
Level 7
My system spec:
case: Corsair Crystal 570X
fan:6xCorsair 120 LL series+Commander Pro
kbd: Corsair K70 Rapidfire
mouse: Corsair Scimitar
mpad: Corsair MM800 Polaris
cpu: i7-8700K
mobo: ROG Maximus X Hero WiFi AC
mem: GSkill TraidentZ RGB 3200MHz 2x8GB
vga: Gigabyte GTX970-4GB
psu: Corsair HX850i
cooler: CoolerMaster ML240L
monitor: Asus PG279Q
ssd: Samsung NVMe 960 EVO-250GB
hdd: WD Black 1TB+WD Blue 500G
speaker: microlab M2000 5.1 channel

Also boot time take long, when the yellow LED is on under Q-Code 7 Segments?!!!

NemesisChild
Level 12
Have you tried manual memory input/tweaks versus using XMP profile?
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601

NemesisChild wrote:
Have you tried manual memory input/tweaks versus using XMP profile?

No, i am not professional over clocker!

Delta9K
Level 9
Jumping in a little late.

Does it only do the start and shutoff and restart sequence once, after enabling XMP? Or, is it after every single shutdown/reboot? That behavior after first enabling the XMP profile is normal as its learning and setting the config. However, it shouldn't continue to do this repeatedly moving forward.

Assuming that some basic troubleshooting has occurred; the Ram is in the correct slots, (A_2 and B_2) and that the modules have been removed and then re-seated.

Also, when you enable the XMP profile you should Answer NO when it asks if you want to apply the multi-core enhancements. Just to rule out any factors as added voltages, timings etc. that could be causing stability issues.

Manually adding in your RAM timings etc does not require any real expertise since you would be entering the stock timings for your XMP profile but, just manually doing it yourself vs letting the "magic" do it for you. It's when you start to stray away from the stock timings and voltages that you should be a little more cognizant of what you are doing. It's really quiet easy to enter those timings in, and I'm sure myself or others would be happy to show you how.
Other systems in addition to rig in the profile specs:
Aorus Master x570, 3950X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, Sabrent 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, 2080 Super, HX1200i, Celsius S36, Define S2, pg348q
Aorus Master x570, 3900X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, 5700XT, HX1000i, H150i Pro, Obsidian 500D, LG32GK650F-B
MEG x570 Unify, 3800X, 32GB GSkill c16 @3800, Sabrent PCIe4 1TB, 860Evo 1TB, GTX1080Ti, SSR-850PD, Celsius S36, Define R6, u3415w

Delta9K wrote:
Jumping in a little late.

Does it only do the start and shutoff and restart sequence once, after enabling XMP? Or, is it after every single shutdown/reboot? That behavior after first enabling the XMP profile is normal as its learning and setting the config. However, it shouldn't continue to do this repeatedly moving forward.

Assuming that some basic troubleshooting has occurred; the Ram is in the correct slots, (A_2 and B_2) and that the modules have been removed and then re-seated.

Also, when you enable the XMP profile you should Answer NO when it asks if you want to apply the multi-core enhancements. Just to rule out any factors as added voltages, timings etc. that could be causing stability issues.

Manually adding in your RAM timings etc does not require any real expertise since you would be entering the stock timings for your XMP profile but, just manually doing it yourself vs letting the "magic" do it for you. It's when you start to stray away from the stock timings and voltages that you should be a little more cognizant of what you are doing. It's really quiet easy to enter those timings in, and I'm sure myself or others would be happy to show you how.

I installed RAM modules in A2 and B2, also i select NO after enabling XMP, but not help me! Also this problem occurs when i disconnecting power cord after shuting down.

NemesisChild
Level 12
This will happen when you cut power to the board, it's normal behavior.
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601