cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus V Formula Wifi card issues

CRYOG3NIC
Level 7
As I write this i am connected to the internet using the wifi card but for some reason i have no bars and when i do a speed test it is significately slower than what all my other devices in the house are. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, but no go. The only thing that has changed network wise was I just recently had ATT installed using their router for now till i can get my dual band back from the mother in law. Doesn't make sense that all the other devices in the house, laptops, ipads, smart phones are all connecting at optimal speeds. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks
Project: Black Widow / Chassis: Corsair 800D / CPU: Intel Core I7 3770k - 4.8ghz @ 1.36v / Mem: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 / HD: Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, 1TB WD BLACK / GPU: EVGA 680 GTX Classified 4gb - Hydro Copper Water Block and Back Plate / PSU: Corsair AX850 / Monitor: HP 2440W IPS Panel / Cooling: Custom water loop
4 REPLIES 4

TenBlade
Level 11
Have you maxed out your connection bandwidth when all the other stuff is connected?

In wi-fi setup, can you set a priority for connected items?

I doubt it, I am connected to the internet but i have no bars in the wifi signal strength meter. Which is causing extremely slow speeds. Speed test on my smart phone reads 16 megs download, on the computer it reads 1.3 megs download. Im going to reinstall windows when i get home from work, this system has been buggy ever since i set up the new case and water loop. I originally had everything in a 600t which didn't occomidate my water cooling needs so i upsized to the 800d.
Project: Black Widow / Chassis: Corsair 800D / CPU: Intel Core I7 3770k - 4.8ghz @ 1.36v / Mem: 16gb Corsair Vengeance 1866 / HD: Corsair Neutron GTX 240gb, 1TB WD BLACK / GPU: EVGA 680 GTX Classified 4gb - Hydro Copper Water Block and Back Plate / PSU: Corsair AX850 / Monitor: HP 2440W IPS Panel / Cooling: Custom water loop

CRYOG3NIC
Level 7
Solved, setup my dual band router on the back end or the AT&T router, the dual band is setup as an access point and I just connect to that, bars are full connection is great, problem solved, for some reason that asus card didn't like the AT&T router, oh well.

CRYOG3NIC
Level 7
I am now experiencing very slow ping times for the connection that I have, should be in the low 30s to 40s, i'm usually floating around 130s to 140s. A couple possibilities could be that Im using the dual band as an access point and its not actually routing the information, another possibility is the software configuration for my ASUS wifi isn't properly setup. Any suggestions?