cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IV Extreme OC to 4.80Ghz Need Help!

Rammstein874
Level 7
Looking to OC my system to 4.80 right now i have it clocked at 4.60. here are my specs

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600K
RAM: CMT8GX3M2A2000C9 16GB
Mother: Maximus IV Extreme
CPU Cooler: H100i


I will also post my current OC settings if needed. I just really need to know what settings i need to change just to get a stable 4.80 i tried a few things but i get a BSOD
12,247 Views
15 REPLIES 15

Zka17
Level 16
Have you checked the OC guides in the Maximus mobo section of this Forum?

HiVizMan
Level 40
It just may be that your CPU needs a whole heap more voltage to make the next step up.

Are you willing to push that much voltage as needed?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zka17 wrote:
Have you checked the OC guides in the Maximus mobo section of this Forum?


Yes i have: Found this that i am going to go over tonight: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?2157-Maximus-IV-Extreme-Bios-Sandybridge-CPU-Overview-and-C...

HiVizMan wrote:
It just may be that your CPU needs a whole heap more voltage to make the next step up.

Are you willing to push that much voltage as needed?


Yes sure...If i have the cooling for it i should be good right? I have been running this at 4.60Ghz for over 1 year now with no problems at all! I just wanted to know if i could maybe bump my CPU up more and maybe my RAM speeds as well and keep it stable...I had the 4.80Ghz running for a few minutes then got a BSOD but all i did was up the core and thats it...

HiVizMan
Level 40
Cool - the process is quite painless.

Set your multi to 48 as you did.

And increase your voltage by two notches up.

Run ROG Realbench and if you pass that your system is stable overclock wise.

Memory we will deal with once you have 4.8GHz sorted.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

HiVizMan wrote:
Cool - the process is quite painless.

Set your multi to 48 as you did.

And increase your voltage by two notches up.

Run ROG Realbench and if you pass that your system is stable overclock wise.

Memory we will deal with once you have 4.8GHz sorted.


Well thats the weird thing i did run that at the settings i did and it passed at the 4.80Ghz


http://i39.tinypic.com/8yf038.jpg

But i will up the voltage and see how it goes from there.

Also i have AI running and my Motherboard Temp is -60.0 C what can cause this? And some volts keep dropping at random times...is this normal

kkn
Level 14
how menny monitor programs are you running?

kkn wrote:
how menny monitor programs are you running?


I have the Corsair Link for the h100i and the asus AI

Rammstein874 wrote:
I have the Corsair Link for the h100i and the asus AI


Both of those are trying to read the same sensors... you're getting a misreading, which is common when you're using multiple monitoring applications... - hence the advice: use only one monitoring program!

Rammstein874
Level 7
So i bump it up to 4.80Ghz and the voltage to 1.45 i can the 3dmark fire test and passed that...but when i try to run real bench its not loading anymore....

also