cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maximus extrme 6 problems when usb device is in wont load the os i cant run mem test

blacknemo
Level 7
having problems when any usb device is connected at start up it wont load os its got nothing to do with boot number in the bios i have tht all sorted but i am trying to run a mem test but it wont let me helllppppp me
5 REPLIES 5

Nodens
Level 16
Do you have turned CSM off?
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

i tried mucking around with the csm and still nothing

Nodens
Level 16
Load setup defaults and try again. If the usb flash drive still does not appear then it means that you have not created the flash drive properly and it's not bootable.
RAMPAGE Windows 8/7 UEFI Installation Guide - Patched OROM for TRIM in RAID - Patched UEFI GOP Updater Tool - ASUS OEM License Restorer
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary and those who don't!

RealBench Developer.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Please tell me how you created your Memtest USB drive, if you get stuck use the guide in my sig to help you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

BangBangPlay
Level 7
Granted it isn't an issue with the UBS drive itself, try creating a bootable UBS drive with Rufus. Its a quick and easy to use program to create bootable USB drives for utilities like Memtest or to flash your BIOS.

I had an issue with a iTB WD external USB HD that failed and gave me all types of problems during post and windows login. I had used USB 3.0 boost utility in AI Suite and I believe that may have contributed. Have you tried another UBS drive?