cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

max safe loadline calibration and max safe voltage for 5930k?

kameozero
Level 7
hi all i recently got a 5930k as you know the internet is full of opinions, so many sites claim that the max is 1.30vcore on the cpu but ive had friends who have pc's for years at 1.4+ volts so can anyone give me some real info of safe 24 hour voltages.

Oh and is loadline calbration at 125% safe thats what im using atm my stats are
4700mhz loadline 125% voltage is 1.40v

forgot to mention my temps are always below 65c
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hello kameozero

Nice overclock !

1.40v is a good voltage to stop at, any higher and you risk much faster cpu degredation, temps below 65c is good so nothing to worry about there.

You can use any setting of load line calibration you like but anything over medium or high and it will overshoot the cpu voltage you set.

kameozero
Level 7
Thanks for the reply bro i thought no1 wud reply post been up around 20 hours its a shame this is a good forum n3eds more people nate

Praz
Level 13
Hello

kameozero, please list your system components. Thank you.

components are 5930k ram 2400 mhz corsair vengance, PSU 1300watt evga supernova g2, 2 980ti's in sli, motherboard asus x99 pro, cooling corsair h110i.

kameozero wrote:

Oh and is loadline calbration at 125% safe thats what im using atm my stats are
4700mhz loadline 125% voltage is 1.40v

kameozero wrote:
components are 5930k ram 2400 mhz corsair vengance, PSU 1300watt evga supernova g2, 2 980ti's in sli, motherboard asus x99 pro, cooling corsair h110i.

Hello

Where are you seeing 125% for LLC? The available settings are levels 1 through 9. Also for X99 LLC controls droop for VCCIN not CPU voltage.

if your using the asus x99 pro you would see in the bios it says max loadline is 125%, so when i set it to 9 it has to be 125% since its the highest setting also if u use hardwarre monitor and look at the vin4 value it shows what loadline does to your cpu voltage it makes it increase ull find vin4/vcore are the same voltage until you use loadline. Then u will not see the vcore version go higher since it only shows what you have your cpu voltage/vcore set to, vin4 shows your real cpu voltage while in using loadline.

Example my voltage wud be 1.35vcore and 1.35vin4 in hw monitor before i use loadline the vcore will stay the same 1.35 while the vin4 will show what loadline has done to your voltage my 1.35vcore will on vin4 be 1.37 and yes it does change the cpu input voltage also my cpu input/vccin will jump from 1.900 to 1.920 while using loadline

Praz
Level 13
Hello

As I noted above the available setting options in the UEFI for LLC are Levels 1 -9. Each level approximates a percentage but percentage values are not selectable options. As far as what a third party voltage reporting utility may or may not show LLC control for CPU voltage is preprogrammed by Intel and the user has no accessible tools to alter that LLC at the FIVR level.

oh and one more thing praz whats your view on cpu voltage ? what is the max for haswell e for 8-10 hours a day of gaming use

kameozero
Level 7
if u go into the bios on the asus x 99 pro it says minimum llc and maximum llc = 125% so im right in thinking that 9 is the max level meaning 9 must be 125% llc right ?