cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5F GPU problem

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Hi,

I got a matrix 780ti gpu and I have a weird problem. I hooked up the card into the first pci-e slot and windows worked fine. However, when I play a game it crashed, every single time on 4 different games (crisis 3, metro LL, TB and Spec Ops the line). After checking power cables and installing the latest drivers I still got the same problem. Then I swapped the card into the 2nd slot and worked fine without any problems.

The thing that is bothering me is that the motherboard is not functioning properly, I have experienced a similar problem with a previous card, a black screen after boot up. Is there something that can be done about this or anybody with the same problem?

Looking forward to your replies
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |
2 REPLIES 2

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
I fixed the problem using contact cleaner and removing and plugging the gpu in the slot twice after applying the cleaning spray to remove any dust or corrosion that might have been present. So far so good
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

Ntwlf
Level 12
Hi LukeeVassallo,

Glad to hear you solved your problem. I've experienced this to in the past, and have since done a good cleaning from time to time or when changing major components.

Have a look here https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?71833-My-Impact-Was-flooded if you want to do a thorough cleaning.