cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M5a99fx pro r.20 & x6 1100t

Scenarious
Level 7
Hello ROG'ers. I decided that I was going to overclock my CPU and have run into a few issues. I figured this would be the best place to get some help. First of all, in the picture of the CPU socket below I have circled some of the motherboards componets. It seems that when I stress test the CPU with Prime95, that area gets quite hot. I was trying to confirm my CPU temps with a laser temperature reader and noticed the extra heat coming from there. Secondly, I seem to be getting conflicting CPU temperature readings when using different software. My two questions to the ROG community are:

1. Has anyone ever monitored the temps of those resistors(or whatever they are), and if so what is a safe temp for that area of the motherboard?

2. I added a snip from HWMonitor while I was stressing my CPU with Prime95. Is this program giving me accurate temperature readings or should I be using something else? The web seems to be filled with posts about how different programs give different temps with the 1100T. Needless to say, I went back to defaults until I know for sure.
0 REPLIES 0