cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

M.2 NVME drives disappears after applying overclocking profile

eziocin
Level 7
Hi,
I have built up a new rig a few months ago based on a Maximus XI Hero and an I9-9900KF. It is a multi boot system with two separate OS (Win10) each one installed on its own drive. I have a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVME in the M2.2 slot and a Sabrent Rocket M.2 NVME in the M2.1 slot. I have always been applying a mild overclocking to run flight sim applications (not a 24/7 overclocking, but just limited to the use of flight sim) and it has always run very smooth and stable. However, just recently I have started to have this problem: whenever I apply my overclocking profile (the usual one), upon reboot, the Sabrent drive in the M.2.1 slot just disappears...it is not shown in explorer, not shown in the bios and not shown in the startup options (F8). Only after restoring normal defaults, but only after a few reboots it appears again and remains there at every reboot as long as I don't overclok the system. The only thing that has changed between before and after this issue has been the BIOS update (I am now running the latest version).
Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue ? Is it a BIOS problem ? Any indication would really be appreciated.
Thanks

Ezio
1 REPLY 1

Carlyle2020
Level 10
Since you have mentioned mutli-bootup/multi-os, google: "Windows 10 - Repair EFI Partition" and see if it may apply to you.

I have kinda "lost" my main os partition after playing with ram clocks.

With the help of an win usb-stick and diskpart i could remedy my issue.

Good Luck !