cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Luxmark.exe crashing

OCD_guy
Level 9
Ok so when I run the stress test in RealBench I keep getting a black screen, the driver stopped responding message and Luxmark.exe stopped working.

My initial thought was instability, however with my whole system at stock I'd still get the same thing happening.

Anyway after much experimentation it turns out when I don't run certain monitoring software I don't get the crash.

Monitoring software such aida64 causes the crash. When I close aida64 and then run the stress test, RealBench shows "Result Hash Match!"

So my question to you is, is my system unstable? Or can I just simply assume for whatever reason that certain monitoring software causes a conflict?

Surely if my system was really unstable I'd get the crash regardless? But the other side of me thinks that I should be able to have monitoring software work in the background .

I'd be curious to know if this is a known bug, perhaps monitoring software polling gpu readings causes a crash in luxmark, but in saying that EVGA precision X runs fine in the background.
36 REPLIES 36

No I used the GTX 275 just for test,
My OS is a W10 pro, GTX 275 uses GeForce 342.01 Driver and GeForce 381.65 for GTX 690
I cleaned the drivers with DDU and Driver Fusion Premium before reinstalling
I did a test of one hour and no problem with CPU and GPU OC
I just change the cache ratio, x44 to x41
Https://www.dropbox.com/s/lfyko5a62rw63cr/Screenshot1HRB.jpg

Zka17
Level 16
Yeap, it was too high CPU/cache clocks... I needed to reduce mine too...

The problem is still here, after a stress test of 2 hours, I have a black screen, an nvlddmkm event, and the frequency of the gpu goes down to 324MHz.
I draw a line where the black screen appears, the message "Stress Test Passed!" is displayed and then black screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dsaqgjb1qd6ckrj/2hy.jpg

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
First thing to do would be reset CPU and GPU to stock and see if it still happens...

Zka17
Level 16
LOL, it just happened to me too! 😮
I know that I had that Geforce Gaming experience thing on and automatically updated my driver... it seemed OK, but it is not...
Will re-install the driver, let's see what happens - will report back!

CPU and GPU stock, same problem, nvlddmkm event, LuxMark.exe crash....
The problem appears after only 30 min.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/k1n8xv6k7vb2qrf/stock.jpg

I did the stress test with CPU and GPU OC for 4 hours, the event nvlddmkm appears when the test ends, LuxMark does not crash.
The problem must come from the application and not from anything else.
Because if there was really a worry he would have planted during the test.
Maybe it is not compatible with the bi-GPU system or it does not support the GPU boost.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/eojui7qikgphtw7/RB4H.jpg

Zka17
Level 16
This is an issue! Did re-install the driver, even reduced the OC on CPU (previously stable, GPUs at stock) and have the same issue...
I observed that Win auto-installed new things, maybe something there is messing up the system...
Have to keep digging...

I upgraded Windows 10 to "Windows 10 Creators Update",
I reset the system, reinstalled the drivers,
The problem is the same, black screen and nvlddmkm event at the end of the stress test,
I think I tried everything
Zka17 you can give me your config and settings please ?

Zka17
Level 16
Here it is:
Board: R5E10, cooling through a monoblock
CPU: 6900k, cooling through the monoblock
RAM: 64GB, 3200MHz
GPUs: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (2x), original cooling
SSD: 960 Pro
PSU: Seasonic, 1250W

I run the RAMs at their XMP settings, but manually entered the values
I had a stable OC on CPU at 4.4GHz, cache 3.4 - was passing every test, including the RB; then reduced to 4.0 GHz, cache 3.1GHz (RAM remained)...
I did memtest86+ and HCI memtest 500% in both settings with 0 errors... Also the GPUs are stock...

My OS is WIn 10 Pro. Fairly new... killed Cortana and uninstalled Intern Turbo Boost 3.0 (this showed up after and auto update). Don't know yet how to stop the auto-updates.
Initially I had 378.92 driver with GeForce Experience (no problem observed that time), then the thing auto-updated to the 381.65 - when I observed trouble... I used the driver removal tool (DDU, I guess is called) in safe mode, then clean installed the 381.65 only (no GeForce experience)... problem is still there...

3DMark Fire Strike works as a charm, can kill it only if I push the GPUs too high.
RealBench 2.54 testing runs as previously - does not show any problems in 2 consecutive runs.

I get the problem (Luxmark thing) when stress-testing with RB around 10-15 minutes... temps are fine (mid 50s at 4.0GHz)...

Oh, and I have GPU Tweak II and AIDA64 running in the background - did not try to kill them yet...

Let me know if I forgot something...