cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Nvidia GTX 970 + Asus Maximus VII Hero

Onsyzygy
Level 7
Hi all,

I don't know if this was posted before, but here's my problem.
My system is not getting along very well with the GTX 970. The simple fact of having it plugged in the Hero mobo, makes the system to restart after few seconds from the login.

I've tried different ways, with or without drivers, but the only way it's to disable the videocard or to physically unplug it.
Whenever I got a restart, the error triggered in the debug screen of the mobo is "0E", which should be a CPU related error called "Microcode not found". I think it's just the videocard messing up with the system, as removing or disabling it the PC runs perfectly.

Looking around, I'm not the only one with this problem (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2474275/gtx-970-recognized-maximus-vii-hero.html as for example), so is there someone out there that have any suggestions?

Please notice that I've already:

1) Cleared the CMOS;
2) Installed the latest BIOS;
3) Made a clear install of the OS;
4) Checked the RAM situation thoroughly.

Here's my config (but you can check the details in my profile):

Intel Core i7-4790K, 4x 4.00GHz
Asus Maximus VII hero
Nvidia GTX 970 Gaming edition
Corsair Vengeance + Corsair Vengeance LP - 8x4, 32 Gb total (1.50 V, 1600 MHz)
SSD Sandisk drive
WD HDD
Windows 8.1 updated

Thanks a lot!

UPDATE - I've tried to disable the GPU built in the mobo and switch it to PCI-E manually, just to see if there was a conflict with the auto settings. That was bad, because the BIOS didn't manage to save all the time I've tried, shutting the PC down and restarting it abruptely without keeping the changes of the GPU.
What's going on?
1 REPLY 1

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Onsyzygy wrote:
Hi all,

I don't know if this was posted before, but here's my problem.
My system is not getting along very well with the GTX 970. The simple fact of having it plugged in the Hero mobo, makes the system to restart after few seconds from the login.

I've tried different ways, with or without drivers, but the only way it's to disable the videocard or to physically unplug it.
Whenever I got a restart, the error triggered in the debug screen of the mobo is "0E", which should be a CPU related error called "Microcode not found". I think it's just the videocard messing up with the system, as removing or disabling it the PC runs perfectly.

Looking around, I'm not the only one with this problem (http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2474275/gtx-970-recognized-maximus-vii-hero.html as for example), so is there someone out there that have any suggestions?

Please notice that I've already:

1) Cleared the CMOS;
2) Installed the latest BIOS;
3) Made a clear install of the OS;
4) Checked the RAM situation thoroughly.

Here's my config (but you can check the details in my profile):

Intel Core i7-4790K, 4x 4.00GHz
Asus Maximus VII hero
Nvidia GTX 970 Gaming edition
Corsair Vengeance + Corsair Vengeance LP - 8x4, 32 Gb total (1.50 V, 1600 MHz)
SSD Sandisk drive
WD HDD
Windows 8.1 updated

Thanks a lot!

UPDATE - I've tried to disable the GPU built in the mobo and switch it to PCI-E manually, just to see if there was a conflict with the auto settings. That was bad, because the BIOS didn't manage to save all the time I've tried, shutting the PC down and restarting it abruptely without keeping the changes of the GPU.
What's going on?

Have you tried placing the card into a different slot ? And what power supply do you have ?
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |