cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If u have 4 sticks of DDR5 and XMP is giving u BSOD, try this

phatmonkey
Level 9
For some with 4 sticks of DDR5 (64GB) there have been problems with the XMP profile, I have the Corsair Vengeance 4800MHZ and depending on which BIOS I have been running the ram between 4266 and 4600, the latest BIOS 1720 for me is the worse yet.
Enough rambling, this is what works for me and hopefully if you are in the same boat this will help

1. Go into Bios
2. Go to Extreme Tweaker
3. Select XMP1 (if u have already got it enabled then select xmp 2 then Xmp1 again to clear settings)
4. Scroll all the way down to the bottom
5. Change the voltage for DRAM VDD and DRAM VDDQ to 1.25, I did try 1.2 at first which worked but over time during gaming it crashed
6. Open Advanced Memory Voltages tab which is right at the bottom
7. Change PMIC Voltages to 'By Per PMIC'

Save settings and let the memory retrain itself, if u still experience BSOD try increasing the VDD and VDDQ to 1.3

Good luck
Happy Gaming
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB

2 REPLIES 2

ahfoo
Level 13
Yes, and off course it will work with some system as your method. But the question is, XMP mode was designed to ease all that manual input for not so experience user. Sorry if I am blunt.

ahfoo wrote:
Yes, and off course it will work with some system as your method. But the question is, XMP mode was designed to ease all that manual input for not so experience user. Sorry if I am blunt.

My post was to help those in the same shoes as me, I do not work for Asus, it is a solution that can help justify paying x amount for 4 sticks of RAM but only getting stock speeds and this is why I posted as it has been frustrating and nobody else seems to have mentioned this simple fix 🙂
Windows 11 | Rog Maximus Z690 Hero | i9-14900K | Corsair Vengeance DDR5 4800mhz 64GB | MSI 4090 SUPRIM X | Apollo x16 | Quantum 2626 | ASUS ROG Swift OLED PG48UQ | H150i RGB Pro XT | AX1200i | Dark Core Pro SE | K100 RGB