cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to STOP automatic CPU overclocking

kapows
Level 7
I had to switch my CPU from a 4770K to a 4771 for some reasons. The 4771 processor is not overclockable.
I need to stop my mobo from trying to force a clock on this CPU.
Any ideas on what to change in the BIOS to do this?
5 REPLIES 5

EnthusiastBuild
Level 12
Did you put back all the settings in the BIOS to default?

Did you reset CMOS?

Did you overclock your old CPU in the AI Suite?
CORSAIR 900D
ASUS MAXIMUS VI FORMULA
INTEL I7 4770K @ 4.5 GHZ
CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 16GB @ 2400MHZ
SLI EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX
SSD SYSTEM: CORSAIR FORCE GT 120GB
SSD APPS: CORSAIR FORCE GT 240 GB
HDD STORAGE: WD BLACK 2TB
CORSAIR AX860I PSU
CORSAIR H100I 4 x SP120 HP

HiVizMan
Level 40
When you swapped out your CPU you will have been asked to enter F1 as a new CPU was added.

When next in BIOS select F5 to set the bios back to defaults, and after adjusting SATA mode if you have a RAID F10 and enter to save.

If you used AIsuite to OC then please remove it.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Oh!

I changed my power management in control panel of my OS Win 7 to High Performance. This is because i thought it would fix the problem in Battlefield 4. When i start the game, it parks my cores so i was told to first change power management and if that dpesnt fix it, then to unpark the cores via registry 😞

I need to apply the registry fix as power management didnt solve my issues.

kapows
Level 7
Thanks guys,

Everything is on default. Except for the Memory which i changed to 1866 cos it was showing as 1333.
I don't have anything in raid. Just the one hard drive.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Then you should be good to go.

In your OS navigate to the power plan and ensure your power plan is at default and not on performance. The performance setting will not allow your system to down clock.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.