cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid 75 degree cpu fan limitation?

trihy
Level 9
Well... Im using a maximus gene vi since a few days...

I'd noticed that asus suite fan xpert and qfan... only let you set fan speed up to 75 degrees. At that temp, fan will go to 100% speed.

Since we all know haswell can get 75 degrees with moderate use... why there is no way to upper this limit?

Even the lame gigab.. let you set a better margin...

You can set 2v to the cpu and a killer oc and burn the cpu.. but you cant take 100% control of the fan?

There is any kind of mod/hack/whatever to change this?

Thanks.
17 REPLIES 17

kkn
Level 14
try inside bios.
is it case fans or the CPU fan it self your aiming at?
if its rthe CPU fan its becouse its trying to cool the cpu it self.
try HWmonitor ( and DO close down all of the AI suite ( in taskmanager ) when using hwmonitor or else you will get unacurate readings ).
and if you OC do so in bios.

Thanks.

Bios has the same 75 degree limitation. But also it has a "max duty cycle fan", I had put this value to 60% thinking that the cpu fan will get at 60% max when temp goes to 75 degrees... but still reach 3000rpm. Uninstalled aisuite thinking it could be overwritten bios settings.... but still the same.

My computer reach 75 degrees easily on gaming cause it's a media center... but hey, I dont care... haswell can take 100 degrees. With the gigabyte board I'd set 100% fan speed at 85 degrees and never heard the fan...

There are pictures of fan xpert showing the 75 degrees limitation.. you just cant move the bar past 75... I can not upload a picture right now but I think It's a know behavior.

How can a such premium board dont allow this?

I was thinking trying to connect the cpu fan on a system fan connector to see if can avoid the stupid 75 degree rule... but I prefer to go back to my old mb..

I hope Im missing something.. dont want to believe they made this cr*p on purpose.

The max duty only applies when you stay under the max t° limit beyond that it will go to a 100%. If you don't want that, try using speedfan; it should override mobo control of your fans even when still using AISuite. On my CVF it switches back to mobo control the moment I open fanexpert (sensor recorder etc. don't do this). Don't know about your board, but Speedfan is able to control my CPU, CPU_OPT and Chassis fans not the OPT1.2.3 fans.
If that doesn't work, put a 5/7/9.5V adapter on your fan, they're pretty cheap or easy to make yourself. DO keep an eye on your temps though.
Or get another fan or cooler because it sounds like your still using the crappy stock cooler from Intel.

offtopic more or less: Can you lower the t° treshold for the user mode on the OPT fans? Most of my temps never reach more than 45°C so auto fancontrol on the OPT fans is quite useless unless I can lower those tresholds 😄

Can it control the CPU fan of the Tuf Gaming F15 as well? 

HiVizMan
Level 40
Maybe you should go back to the board you are familiar with. In FanExpert you can actually set profiles and I have tested that they work quite well. The point I am trying to make is this, while I would rather you used an ASUS board what is more important to me is that you as a user are happy with your system.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

trihy
Level 9
Anyone knows if fan xpert changed? I want to go back to asus, but this is still a deal breaker.

Could fan xpert upper limit be moved above 75 degress or still at 75 degress fans will run at 100%?

Thanks

pedroxd
Level 7
get a better cooling system

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hi trihy how are you mate been a while nearly a year.

Not sure if there has been a new version of fanxpert2 - will find out for you.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

trihy
Level 9
Hi guys, hope you are ok 😄

It´s a media center gaming pc. Most coolers like coolermaster 212 wont fit by 1cm...

Tried closed loop water system like H80, H100, cant believe how noisy the pump is... another no go for a living room.

Talked to asus, looks like still didnt changed this behaviour.

Maybe we´ll have better luck with haswell refresh... let´s see. It´s a shame how hot can haswell get with little OC...