cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot to reseset BIOS manually (Clear Cmos) Asus Rampage IV Extreme

8HugoStiglitz7
Level 7
Hi everybody i'm asking you to get my excuse upfront for a such silly question but i'm not sure how to use these triggers in order to clear CMOS asking just in case cuz i was trying to tweak some parameters in UEFI and something went wrong and my pc just stucked on a black screen when i booted it even without turning on my keyboard and mouse so i was thinking of bringing back my BIOS to default state but couldn't figure out how to make it.
7 REPLIES 7

meankeys
Level 13
With power to the board just push the clear cmos button for three seconds. Then reboot

8HugoStiglitz7
Level 7
Te button located in the closest area with "Reset" "Start" buttons or i'm missing something?i'm actually was thinking about 4 triggers which located beneath aforementioned buttons with "on" and "off" positions or it's something different?

drop4205
Level 12
it a button on the back I/o panel for the motherboard. looks like letter c on it
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
it a button on the back I/o panel for the motherboard. looks like letter c on it

Thanks dude!!! Finally got it,never went through the reset process hope won't in the future either,you helped a lot.:D

meankeys
Level 13
You did get a manual with the board right? Everything you need to be dangerous is in there. Have Fun 🙂

meankeys wrote:
You did get a manual with the board right? Everything you need to be dangerous is in there. Have Fun 🙂

Thanks man!

Zka17
Level 16
If the system goes black because of pushing too hard the BIOS settings, sometimes it will recover by itself if you completely power off the system... turn off PSU and unplug it from the outlet for for couple minutes, then just start it normally... - perhaps you will get a message in BIOS like "Overclock Failed, press F1", but you would want to enter more friendly settings anyway...