cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivizman's Efficiency Competition

HiVizMan
Level 40
Greeting fellow ROG's.

Some of you old timers will recall the contests I used to host a few years ago here on ROG. They were just for fun, no prizes at all, and open to anyone. So I am thinking that we need to have another such contest. One that will allow AMD and Intel platforms to go head to head and improve each one of our understanding of the platforms that we use.

So let me be clear. We are not talking sub-zero cooling here. We are not talking extreme overclocking here. What we are talking is fine tuning, optimising our systems, getting the most out of what we have.

So post up if you are up for this and if I see enough folks interested will get it going.

Four benchmarks.

CPU based no graphic card benchmarks sorry. Just too many and too difficult to handicap. CPU's will be capped at a frequency or a particular score. :cool: Will make sense when I list the details.
Handicap system
Single thread and multi thread benchmarks.
Memory optimising is going to be key. Not high frequency as there will be a cap.

Air cooled and water cooled - nothing below ambient allowed.

So are you up for it. I expect all my old mates to be in this contest and as many of the newer guys do join in. We had heaps of fun last time just ask Arne, Menthol, Dartmaul and all the others that took part.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
29 REPLIES 29

Menthol
Level 14

mdzcpa
Level 12
I would be interested for sure.

Retired
Not applicable
Awesomish }}
Great initiative Viz, as usual..
I wont participate, but i surely miss the old contests
Fire up the HW and connect it to the AC
(but don't let Viz know)
:cool:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Outstanding response so far.

Dartmaul you beauty so lovely to have you around my friend.

Rock if you have a laptop or any bloody system play with mate. It is about fun, about being part of something good if that makes sense. It is not just about results or winning.

Want some of the newer faces, the newer guys to get involved to so hope to see Philly playing as well - but really this is for everyone at all levels. Most of us learnt more about our systems doing these contests than at any time previously.

Right I will get to work on the format and get back to you all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Menthol
Level 14
Tell Ian I said hello, met him a couple years ago in Las Vegas, super nice guy

Menthol wrote:
Tell Ian I said hello, met him a couple years ago in Las Vegas, super nice guy

Will do Menthol.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Hi vis, sorry for the pun:D
would be cool to join in something that doesn't make voltage regulators go crack!
:cool::rolleyes:

HiVizMan
Level 40
Rob good to have you buddy. And no worries about the pun, it is closer to the truth as to why I called myself that than you know.

And totally mate, these comps are not about hurting hardware they are about getting your personal hardware so dialed in that you surprise yourself with what it can do.

flexnl
Level 10
Hi Guys Great to see everyone again!

Also good to see that the (legendary) Hivizman is going to host a contest again ! Tnx mate, looking forward to it!
Was great fun back then here on the ROG forum and it will be no doubt this time around!
cant wait to out tweak the h*ll out off you guys hahaha 😛

greets from holland

Flexnl

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
flexnl! Good to see you about too.

Since nothing much is happening here I thought we could warm up.

Fastest time to draw a dead horse.

RULES

Draw in paint

CPUz... CPU MB and RAM tabs and GPUz

I'll open with my fastest time

2min 34sec