cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivizman - Brazilian Carnival Challenge

HiVizMan
Level 40
Roll up roll up it is Brazilian Carnival Time at ROG

Beautiful Rio and on the 12th June the Beautiful Game will kick off. Yes it is time for World Cup 2014 Brazil.

So many reasons to love Brazil and football.

But we are Benchers not overpaid footballers. So lets get benching.

This challenge will run during the entire World Cup 2014 and end at the final whistle.

The Benchmarks

3Dmark05

3DMark FireStrike

Super Pi 1 & 32mil

ROG Realbench V2

Each bencher must choose a participating team as their playing partner, select a number between 1 and 31 and post up that number when you indicate you are going to be doing the Samba with us here on ROG. First come first serve this is a blind selection and no swapping out allowed. Brazil is taken as that is the Challenge Partner. The reason why will become apparent as you keep reading.

Rules and Limitations

• No sub ambient benching
  • HWBOT submission rules apply
  • Official wallpaper must be used
  • Photo of your benching rig with first submission
  • Same hardware and frequency for all benchmark
  • Handicapping will apply depending on hardware used*
  • Weekly bonus points for submissions
  • Quarter final shoot out 5 bonus points
  • Semi Final shoot out 10 bonus points
  • Final shoot out 15 bonus
  • World Cup winner 20 bonus points**

Wall paper is supplied by our resident creative boffin and my friend Chris. Link added

*Handicapping will be based on the HWBOT hardware index for each benchmark.
**Best first time participant will receive additional bonus points depending on Brazil's final position.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
322 REPLIES 322

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah, owe a lot to these comps and Viz's help over the last couple of years! Got to say many thanks to the VizMan for this 😮

You seen this Menthol? http://hwbot.org/news/10947_suit_up_for_the_cat_fight_to_win_1000_in_cash_prize_and_motherboards_in_...

Coud get a new GPU with that! 😄

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Yeah, owe a lot to these comps and Viz's help over the last couple of years! Got to say many thanks to the VizMan for this 😮

You seen this Menthol? http://hwbot.org/news/10947_suit_up_for_the_cat_fight_to_win_1000_in_cash_prize_and_motherboards_in_...

Nice Arne... Real nice
Congrats

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Nice Arne!

I think I'm gonna move to enthusiasth again as I don't even have a chiller and you don't have to post rig pics in enthusiasth any longer.

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Well done Arne it is your effort and talent that have made that possible. UK has a large base of bencher's and it is quite an achievement to get to the top.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Menthol
Level 14
Arne I have seen that, Catzilla grabs my attention but I do not own any motherboards that are not ASUS, I did however just preorder two 290X Matrix Platinum's, finally some became available, I just recently purchased two 290X DCUII's because I didn't think I was ever going to get my hands on any Platinums and I need to familiarize myself with AMD I assume the chances of getting any of those booster card things is not a reality, are there plans for them to become commercially available? has anyone used the ones they have received? do they only help is using LN2? Does anyone know and will anyone tell? The older geezer needs answers

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Oh man I didn't read the small print! They'd have to pay me $1000 up front to use a Gigabyte board 😛

Just PM MarshallR if anyone gets one it'll be you Menthol...he should have some left

meankeys
Level 13
Viz no problem buddy. Take care of your self first. We are here for ya bro

meankeys
Level 13
Week 3 Sub's

i7 4930K@4788 MHz - 16 GB Dom GT@1680 MHz 2x R9-280X@1155/1725 **SS Cooling**

3Dmark05 - 44456
FireStrike - 14800
Spi-1m - 7.649
Spi-32m - 7m 36.515
RB - 109332

Still haven't figured out vista yet and xp was giving me a bad time all week end 😞

Menthol
Level 14
meankeys, good benching my friend, I am submitting these as the last scores as the Competition has ended.
And good benching by everyone especially jab383 and MatsGlobtrotter for joining us you both have done a remarkable job, Mats has been tearing up the bot. darkage you too my friend , twisted1 did not forget you, Dart, where did you go, not the same without going head to head with you.
WhitePaw, I hope you are having a great vacation, Arne, next time some Pitch Black action, Zka17? hope you get some time to resume your passion
Viz, we all thank you very much for this Competition, don't worry about the participation, just that you are back has made us all winners, get healthier and stronger, next competition will be the best, oh I almost forgot that handsome guy who makes our wallpaper, what's his name again

Stay thirsty my friends