cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hivizman - Brazilian Carnival Challenge

HiVizMan
Level 40
Roll up roll up it is Brazilian Carnival Time at ROG

Beautiful Rio and on the 12th June the Beautiful Game will kick off. Yes it is time for World Cup 2014 Brazil.

So many reasons to love Brazil and football.

But we are Benchers not overpaid footballers. So lets get benching.

This challenge will run during the entire World Cup 2014 and end at the final whistle.

The Benchmarks

3Dmark05

3DMark FireStrike

Super Pi 1 & 32mil

ROG Realbench V2

Each bencher must choose a participating team as their playing partner, select a number between 1 and 31 and post up that number when you indicate you are going to be doing the Samba with us here on ROG. First come first serve this is a blind selection and no swapping out allowed. Brazil is taken as that is the Challenge Partner. The reason why will become apparent as you keep reading.

Rules and Limitations

• No sub ambient benching
  • HWBOT submission rules apply
  • Official wallpaper must be used
  • Photo of your benching rig with first submission
  • Same hardware and frequency for all benchmark
  • Handicapping will apply depending on hardware used*
  • Weekly bonus points for submissions
  • Quarter final shoot out 5 bonus points
  • Semi Final shoot out 10 bonus points
  • Final shoot out 15 bonus
  • World Cup winner 20 bonus points**

Wall paper is supplied by our resident creative boffin and my friend Chris. Link added

*Handicapping will be based on the HWBOT hardware index for each benchmark.
**Best first time participant will receive additional bonus points depending on Brazil's final position.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.
322 REPLIES 322

jab383
Level 13
Still at this - it's fun, a challenge and I'm definitely learning stuff.

4790K at 4775MHz, RAM clock at 1219MHz
GPU clock 825MHz, Video RAM clock at 800MHz

Realbench 93210
SuperPi 1M 7.503
SuperPi 32M 6:32.067
3DMark05 45097
3DMark Firestrike 3179

Core clocks are slower this week - degradation - and the SuperPi scores reflect that. I'm using a dual boot of Win7 where the benching version is well stripped. The more complex benchmarks scored higher even with the slower clocks. They must be more heavily impacted by the OS than I thought.

Go Argentina !

Jeff

Menthol
Level 14
Jeff,
Thanks very much, I will post some myself before the weekend is over and update the spreadsheet for Viz Sunday night. or as the last game of the world cup is over.

meankeys
Level 13
Yes I have some work to do. Will post up my subs this week end. I have been testing a new 4930K but seems to be a dud.

Nice benching jab

@Menthol what is the HP of your chiller? thanks

But hey I did just post up a killer Catzilla score. I do enjoy getting scores up close or into the XC benchers scores, they don't usually last long but hey it's fun

meankeys wrote:
have been testing a new 4930K but seems to be a dud.

Aw heck....hate to hear that 😞

Menthol wrote:
But hey I did just post up a killer Catzilla score. I do enjoy getting scores up close or into the XC benchers scores, they don't usually last long but hey it's fun

Just saw this top of the day's table at the Bot.....excellent stuff Menthol! 😄 1500+ core! Got to love that...really pro looking setup....

Menthol
Level 14
meankeys 1/4 hp. not enough for sustained 3D benching, great for CPU only but when you add GPU's I have to let it cool down I have a switch on one of my power supplies so the pumps run with the system off, I set up my over clock and OS turn off, let system reach lowest temp them start up run a bench or 2 and turn off again. it's a process to go thru for sure but it's that or go to next stage, add a bigger chiller but that wont get me any cooler, so SS but them I would be in an extreme class and I am not ready at this time. Maybe next year if I retire and have more time for benching but then I may not have the $$.

Thanks for the info Menthol

Will a 1/2 HP be worth the extra money? I would use the SS on cpu and the chiller for gpu's or do you think a 1/4 hp would work fine in that setup?
Thanks for the advice

Thanks Guys, it was a good contest. As Menthol has been pointing out hehe I got a bit distracted on the Bot 🙂 Since my CPU did not like 4600 and I was on mission I found out my laptop aint half bad for doing some Team scoring. So have been digging for gold but in tiny flakes not like the rest of you guys with those mega nuggets in one go 🙂 Hopefully next week will bring some more goodies in the mail like another GTX780Ti with waterblock, 2 new CPUs, the metal liquid TIM as well as some 2400Mhz G.Skill ram to add to the box. That should keep me busy for a few weeks 🙂
If I can reach the top spot on Rookie League then im happy.

I keep reading up on what you guys are up to all the time so thanks for the all the hints while competing, invaluable!
It started with a VIC-20... and now it is. Maximus Formula VI Intel 4770K 4.6GHz ASUS GTX780Ti 3GB Corsair Platinum Dominator 16GB 2400MHz Raid Express 240GB Samsung EVO 512 GB SSD Corsair 900D EK watercooling Corsair RM1000 ASUS PB278Q

Menthol
Level 14
Arne, thank you kind sir
All my best scores are a result of these ROG competitions, it gets me in that competitive mindset and the system all tweaked for the competition

Menthol wrote:
Arne, thank you kind sir
All my best scores are a result of these ROG competitions, it gets me in that competitive mindset and the system all tweaked for the competition

Thanks Menthol.

Guys I have to apologise that I have not been able to participate in the way I had hoped. Just coming on line for a few yours 5 or so days a week has left me very tired and I have not updated the or even published the leader board not shared any tips or tweaks. That is not how I like to do things.

I will log on to the spread sheet tomorrow morning and total up the points. The head to head bonus points for the football play off in the Worldcup have made it very interesting I must say.

Thanks to all who posted and again my apologies for what has not been a well run contest from my part.

Huge thanks to the Menthol and others who have been updating the results page.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.