cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hero VII vs Formula.. Who is using what?

razorseal
Level 7
Just curious what everyone is using. the formula has some additions that I like, but I'm not sure if they're stuff that adds up another 100$ for me. (i like the extra fan connections, the ROG armor and that's about it for me)

I believe the Hero VII is the more popular one because it's priced well and offers what everyone mostly needs, but curious who spends the extra money for the extra features.

Could you also post the reason you got the Formula over the Hero VII?

Thanks!

edit: boo, can't add a poll on this forum? 😞
5 REPLIES 5

jab383
Level 13
If you intend to do overclocking, check out the differences in BIOS. I have the M6F and M6H and the differences in BIOS capability are real. Download the manuals for both M7 motherboards from the ASUS support pages and read through them for what you're interested in.

The M6F also has much better audio, but I don't know if that carries over to the M7's.

Jeff

kkn
Level 14
the formula have the option for watercooling on the NB witch the hero does not.
thats all the diffrence between them that i can come up whit.
you can go to the asus mobo page and do a comparison between them both and see.

randyenergy
Level 10
The M7F is much better for OC.
I have a VII Hero and going to replace it with a M7F, because of this: WiFi (802.11ac) + BlueTooth

chevy350
Level 10
Using the Hero VII for mine and running 4.6@1.294v and the wife has the Formula VII and loves it lol Got mine for the price/options and her's cause she wanted it :cool:
AMD 2700X, Asus ROG Strix X470-F, G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 (16gbx2), XFX RX 580, NZXT Kraken X62, Corsair 750D, SeaSonic 860W, OCZ RD400, Samsung 950 Pro 256Gb, Intel 520 120Gb SSD

chevy350 wrote:
Using the Hero VII for mine and running 4.6@1.294v and the wife has the Formula VII and loves it lol Got mine for the price/options and her's cause she wanted it :cool:

We know who wears the pants in your family...lol
Intel i9 10850K@ 5.3GHz
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E
Corsair H115i Pro XT
G.Skill TridentZ@ 3600MHz CL14 2x16GB
EVGA RTX 3090 Ti FWT3 Ultra
Storage: WD Blue SN550 2TB NVMe M.2
EVGA SuperNova 1200 P2
ASUS ROG Strix Helios GX601