cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with new system pls

madmike66685
Level 7
hi all i am new to the pc world and have just built a new pc. i am not very up to date with the pc tech talk and am having trouble with the install of windows 7 on my system. i have a maximus v gene, 2600k, 16gb vengance ram, 120gb corsair force 3 ssd, 500gb hard drive, h100 water cooler, hd 6990 gpu, ax1200 psu, xonar phoebus sound card all in a 600t corsair case. it looks great but i cant workout how to install windows. plz dont lol at me
Maximus v extreme, i7 3770k, g skill 2133mhz ram 16gb, corsair ax1200 psu, 2 x vertex 4 256gb ssd (raid 0),1tb hard drive, 500gb hard drive, custom water cooling loop, cosmos 2 case, 2x evga ctx 680 classified gpu's and a xonar phoebus sond card
4 REPLIES 4

HiVizMan
Level 40
It is very simple. And no-one here will laugh at you, each and every one of us started from scratch at some point.

First thing to do is download the Microsoft USB Tool http://emea.microsoftstore.com/UK/en-GB/Service-Centre/Windows-7-USB-DVD-Download-Tool

What you will do is use that tool to make a USB drive OS or if you do not want to do that just use your OS disc. But it is easier and quicker with the USB stick.

OK here we go

Pull all the hard drives and DVD's from your system. (yeah I am assuming you go the USB route)

Select the SSD or hard drive that you want to install your OS on and connect to the Intel 6G Sata port. look in the manual to find which it is if you are not sure.
Insert the USB stick with your OS

Power up your system
Go into BIOS
F5 and enter to reset all defaults
F10 and enter to save and exit.

Now let your system reboot and then press F8 during the POST process
You will get to the BOOT disc option
Here you navigate to the USB stick and select as first boot device

Install of OS will begin
This is a new install so just let the OS install process happen.
You do not need to do a thing to your SSD the OS will do the entire process

That simple
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you do not want to go the USB route.

Plug your DVD drive in and select DVD drive when you do the F8
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

thanx heaps i got windows loaded now i need to start with all the drivers. i will let u all know how i go. also i will put some pics up soon
Maximus v extreme, i7 3770k, g skill 2133mhz ram 16gb, corsair ax1200 psu, 2 x vertex 4 256gb ssd (raid 0),1tb hard drive, 500gb hard drive, custom water cooling loop, cosmos 2 case, 2x evga ctx 680 classified gpu's and a xonar phoebus sond card