cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with laptop please

shadowguardian0
Level 7
I have a ROG G46VW I bought a few years ago. I made the mistake of not redoing the OS to WIn 7. (Have 10 now)

Works pretty well, but a few things bother me.

1) When I am browsing the internet and such, it is prone to maxing out memory or disk and sometimes CPU.

What could I be doing? usually 10 tabs or less, up 30.

I have a bunch of crap that keeps opening, like Cortana. I can't get it to stop opening.

What is System Interrups? Antimalware service executable? Windows shell experience host? Service Host: Local System (Network restricted 12)

I think someone who said they know what they are doing allocated data or ram or someting for that. I honestly don't remember what they did. How can I check my RAM and memory and CPU and compare to factory standards?

If I get better RAM, what is compatible? Will that help?

Also, sometimes the laptop will make this "Winding down" noise and then shut down instantly. What is that? Why?

A little about the PC http://sta.sh/21frdpiuhvna?edit=1

Any tips?
4 REPLIES 4

shadowguardian0
Level 7
Self explanatory.

ModJPB
Level 7
Hello,
How do you know it is maxing out memory, CPU, and Ram. What are your symptoms. If you are having issues as stated then your system may be corrupt and probably caused by overheating. I would suggests blowing compressed air throughout the entire machine to see how much dust and hairballs come out. Your HDD may be also going bad, how much of the harddrive is empty? After all this then backup your personal files and do a complete wipe and install a fresh copy of windows 10 (not a repair, reinstall or upgrade). Goodluck.
G46VW:

• ModJPB Modded Bios
  • I7 3820QM @4.0GHz
  • GTX660m @1250MHz 1.5V/2800MHz
  • Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz Cl8 8Gb (2x4GB)
  • SSD Samsung 840 Evo msata 256Gb
  • HD+ Screen 1600x900
  • Killer 1202 Wireless NIC

I can see it with the Task Manager.

I'm planning on wiping it, but am not sure the best way to back up my data I want to keep.

How much do you need to backup? There is an option when reinstalling windows 10 to keep all your personal files but it will delete all the software. I wouldn't reinstall that way though if you are running out of memory. Best option is to put it onto an external drive especially if you are having out of memory problems.
G46VW:

• ModJPB Modded Bios
  • I7 3820QM @4.0GHz
  • GTX660m @1250MHz 1.5V/2800MHz
  • Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz Cl8 8Gb (2x4GB)
  • SSD Samsung 840 Evo msata 256Gb
  • HD+ Screen 1600x900
  • Killer 1202 Wireless NIC