cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Moba and GPU problems

Zultheras
Level 7
I'm building a new rig, and just assembled the parts yesterday. I have everything connected and I turn my rig on, all fans work perfectly, LEDs come on, optical and hard drives start spinning.
There are however a couple of problems, and I would want to know if they're linked or if they are two separate ones. Firstly, my DVI-out does not work, three monitors could not detect any signal. Secondly, the USB 2.0 ports on my motherboard do not work at all. Is this primarily a motherboard or GPU problem?

Specs:
Asus Formula VI RoG motherboard
Asus R9290-4GD5 GPU (AMD R9 290x)
Corsair RM850 PSU
4x4 GB G.Skill RAM

I tried cycling the RAM, and I unplugged my 8 and 6 pin PCI-E connectors from the GPU and reconnected them. Don't know what else to do really, can't access BIOS and since this is my first build in the US I don't have access to an old system I can scrounge parts off of.
13 REPLIES 13

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hello mate could you please tell me what the 2 digit code on the LED poster is sticking on?
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

I'm sorry, could you clarify where that is?

HiVizMan
Level 40
Top right corner next to the power and reset button - near the ddr3 slots.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Zultheras
Level 7
00, is that normal?

HiVizMan
Level 40
No it is not.

Are all the PSU cables connected to your system? Pay especial attention to both the EPS 12v CPU connectors 8pin and 4pin

The 4 pin isn't but I thought that was only if I was going to OC heavily. I didn't have a 4 pin connector in my PSU package.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Should not make a difference at least for powering on true.

Your PSU has two EPS connectors why can you not use the 4 pin?

Zultheras
Level 7
Sorry, thought it needed a special cable. I connected it but still got the 00, what does that mean?

The CPU isn't flashing, so it's not that I think.