Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me clock my Ivy CPU.

danskieness
Level 10
hello there people of rog i entrust you to help me here 🙂

sorry im kinda newb

so my specs are in my sig, please do help me out,

oh and lastly i have a h100 i just wanna know which fans should i use, i know this is not the corsair forums but i'll know you'll
help me out

should i go higher/lower cfm?
oh and yea what does cfm exactly means, please do explain thoroughly

if this helps i want it to be as quiet as possible but at the same time performing oh so well

thank you in advance
Mobo : Asus Maximus VI Impact || CPU : i5-4670k || Cooling : H100
GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || PSU : Corsair RM 650 || Rams : G Skill Trident X 4GBx2 2400 CL10
Monitor : 2x Asus VX239h + 1x HP w2207h || Chassis : Bitfenix Prodigy Red || OS : WIN8.1 x64
Periphirals : Corsair K95, Logitech g402, Edifier 3350
14 REPLIES 14

HiVizMan
Level 40
Hey danskieness you good mate?

Here we go then. What I am going to focus on is the clocking side of things, the fans and that I will leave for others who are more into that side of stuff. You certainly do not want to use the kind of fans I use. They are as noisy as a Jumbo on take off.

Ok here is how I would clock your system.

Go into the BIOS and F5 to set all at defaults, then enter.
Now set your over-clocking option to manual.
Navigate down to the multiplier and set each of the cores to 44
Select your ram frequency from the drop down list
In the digipower section LLC select regular
Moving on to the voltages here we are going to use Offset mode.
So select offset for the vcore
+
0.020 (This is a starting point)
Dram Voltage as per what is on the sticker on the ram module.
Leave all the other settings as is for now.

F10 and enter to save your settings.

That should be suffienct to get you started. Once you are in OS then simply keep an eye on your temps while you play your most stressful game and or use the applications that you use all the time. You can use a stress test for a quick 30 mins test to check your temperatures. But I am not a huge fan of running 12 or 24 hours worth of stress test.

If your system BSOD or freezes simply go into BIOS and increase your offset amount by one or two notches.

Good applications to download and use are;
CPUz
HWmonitor
Memtest86+

You can use either CPUz or HWmonitor to see what your vcore is once the offset has been set. Make a note of what your vcore is so that you can provide that information if needed.

That is about it my friend.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

hey viz im all good thanks for being the awesome man you are. im quite stuck at the vcore part, where do i exactly find it?

anyhow i've managed to boot up. i've cpu-z, core speed is still on 1600.0mhz

some results from ibt, wasn't able to finish 30 runs, but as ive red from the readme i shouldnt run more than 20 XD
GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || PSU : Corsair RM 650 || Rams : G Skill Trident X 4GBx2 2400 CL10
Monitor : 2x Asus VX239h + 1x HP w2207h || Chassis : Bitfenix Prodigy Red || OS : WIN8.1 x64

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you navigate down the main OC page you will see the voltages.

This guide is a good place to start by the way if you are not familiar with the settings and what they do. The BIOS are basically the same for all the ROG Maximus boards

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?19186-ASUS-ROG-Maximus-V-Formula-UEFI-OC-Tuning-Guide&count...
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

i did manage to find it now XD it frozed, when i ran ibt the second time around with high memory usage should i up the voltage?

HiVizMan
Level 40
If you were able to run 4.4GHz at under 1 volt then that is amazing. 😛

Go back into BIOS and set your voltage to auto for me. And then boot into OS and post a screen shot of your system while it is under stress.

I want to see the CPUz with your voltage showing please.

ive been gaming for an hour and a half here

i've been using IBT on 5 runs, i did re-test 3 times(no screenies though) and no crash whatsoever ive changed the cpu vcore offset to .025 rater than .020, dram voltage as is like you said

update:

this is around 4hrs of play time, i had to pause since the action was getting intense, and it killed me several times in game XD

HiVizMan
Level 40
I take it you are a happy gamer right now 🙂

Zka17
Level 16
This is a scholar example of helping someone here in the ROG Forum! Hats down, Master HiVizMan!

I'm having some thought about the fans, just was waiting for the OC thing to be resolved... I didn't want to interrupt that process...

So, regarding the H100, you have to know that it's radiator has rather high fin density - that's meaning you have to use higher static pressure fans... in case of the radiators, the static pressure often counts more than the cfm (what's the point of high cfm if the fan can not push it through the fins?)

The H100's original fans do have high static pressure, but they tend to be noisy... if you want to stick with Corsair fans, they do have a new series... you can choose high static pressure and low noise one... - however, I never tried them... My forever favorits are the Cougars. They have lower static pressure than the original ones, but if you have enough space and you can set them in a push-pull configuration, they will be very quiet...

Whenever you have questions regarding the H100, you always should check X Pack's posts about it...

danskieness
Level 10
@hvm : yes i am happy, this is my first successful oc, never in my life i felt so great that i wanna thank my love ones for letting me grow up the right way, lol kidding aside, i owe you alot! thanks

@zka17: hey buddy! thanks i really needed that explanation, so prolly more cfm = noisy
noise != pressure?

would you mind linking me btw?