cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP!!! Maximus VI Gene not turning on..

ScuRo
Level 7
Hi, I just finished building my new PC. I have an ASUS Maximus VI Gene motherboard. All of my PSU cables are properly plugged in and my PSU is plugged into the wall. When I turn on my PC, the little Q-code indicator lights up, my PSU fan turns on, and the Start and Reset buttons on the board light up. The Q-code just says 00. My CPU fan doesn't turn on, neither do my GPU fans or any of my case fans. Nothing shows up on my monitor, either. I have no clue whats going on and this is my first PC build ever so someone please help me!! 😞 My monitor is hooked up to my graphics card via VGA (Its a fairly old monitor)

The Specs are:
Intel Core i5-4670k
ASUS ROG Maximus VI Gene
Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600MHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 ACX Superclocked
NZXT Phantom 410 case (I doubt that matters)
Corsair CX750M PSU
Some old DELL monitor I got for free
20 REPLIES 20

ScuRo
Level 7
I sort of think that this is a PSU problem, not a motherboard. My case has a built in fan controller (NZXT Phantom 410) which is hooked up via molex to my PSU (not my motherboard). All of the fan leads from the controller are plugged into the fans, yet none of them turn on.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Is this a pre-build or self built system. If pre-build please return it to the store.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ScuRo
Level 7
No, it's self-built

HiVizMan
Level 40
Take a photo of your socket from a couple of different angles and post up here.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

ScuRo
Level 7
Uhm okay but I'm really nervous about removing the CPU. So do I just take it out and set it on a table upside down?

HiVizMan
Level 40
I want picture of the socket not the CPU mate. Did you build the system? If no then return it to whoever built it for you.

Yes, it's self built. And I know you want a picture of the socket, but the CPU is already installed, so when I remove it to take a picture of the socket, should I just place it on a table upside down? or what?

danskieness
Level 10
just shoot from every angle XD, so we could clearly see
Mobo : Asus Maximus VI Impact || CPU : i5-4670k || Cooling : H100
GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || PSU : Corsair RM 650 || Rams : G Skill Trident X 4GBx2 2400 CL10
Monitor : 2x Asus VX239h + 1x HP w2207h || Chassis : Bitfenix Prodigy Red || OS : WIN8.1 x64
Periphirals : Corsair K95, Logitech g402, Edifier 3350

HiVizMan
Level 40
Yeah you can put your CPU on the table or in the protective plastic clam shell it came in would be better.

ScuRo
Level 7
Okay, well sorry to be so stubborn but I'd really like to eliminate the issue of a PSU thing before I mess with the mobo/CPU.

My case fans are all hooked up to a fan controller. (The one in my NZXT Phantom 410)
The fan controller is hooked up to my PSU via molex.
The fans don't spin up when I turn on the PSU and computer and everything.
They aren't interacting with the motherboard at all. So, I'm thinking (and sort of hoping) that it's a PSU issue rather than a mobo or CPU issue.
The fans on my graphics card and CPU cooler aren't spinning up, either.
The PSU fan DOES spin up, and it gets SOME power to the mobo, as the little error code thing lights up 00 and the Start and Stop buttons light up (on the motherboard)