cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help> SPECIFIC/PER CORE Overclocking PROBLEM

Caipirinha
Level 8
Hello there folks i hope someone can help me with this :

when i set my cpu ratio setting to > * By Specific core * on cpu ratio setting in bios i face 2 big and weird problems :

first one is that i want one of the cores (in my case its core#2) which is my hottest core to be set to Lower ratio so i can push lower voltage on it so it will cool down but ANYTHING i set blow 1.2v for it even on 3.0 ratio is unstable even when i set its Ratio to 30 and give it voltages like 1.1v to 1.16v (which are stable voltages for even 4.4ghz on my cpu when i use Sync all cores option) WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE?:O

another problem i have here is that i have set for example 4 of the cores to 4.7 and the rest of the cores to 4.6 BUT in windows when i run any test or any program all cores boost to 4.7 on loads but i only want 4 of them to work on 4.7 not all of them whats the heck is all these weird issues that I HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE OR HEARD OF ?

is all of these bios bug or something else?

my system specs are in my sig and user spec info

look at this shot from hwinfo64

EXTRA INFOS: currently i have disabled the hottest core (Core#2) in bios and its working on 7cores instead of 8cores for now

my current bios is 1503 and the voltages and ratios that im talking about have been tested and been used for 1+ year and are stable settings when i use SYNC ALL CORES
just this *specific Core* option is the only mess and problem here

UPDATE:
Enabled C-STATE in bios to get it working on per core overclock
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX
_________G.SKILL 4x8 @3733 16
__________MSI 1080ti LIGHTNING Z ||O'\\\\'O'////'O_|
___________Intel 750 PCIE SSD
____________Corsair AX1500i
_____________Corsair Obsidian 900D
_______________Corsair H150i Pro 360 AIO
24 REPLIES 24

ThrashZone wrote:
Hi,
Just my two cents but your system agent voltage is off the charts
You should lower it to 1.1v or 1,15v max that sucker VCCSA is the same as your core voltage 😄

Also I'd lower your VCCIN/ Input voltage too to max at 1.95v it's obviously on auto now same goes for system agent.

man all u said was not and is not related to my problem and this thread at all and is not what this thread is all about i never asked or talked about VOLTAGES my only problem and what i asked in this thread was about having the same core turbo ferequency in windows as what i have SET IN BIOS when im using PER CORE overclocking if you read carefully , and i found some solutions myself last night the only solution was to Enable C-STATE in bios thats it for now....

and dont worry i know myself about all voltages runing on my system that VCCSA and VCCIO is set by me myself manually in bios to 1.165 and 1.145 BECAUSE its what it is if i lower them then my IMC is unstable i have tested all ranges of voltages from 0.7 0.8 to 1.25 for thousands times and none works the only stable imc voltage for me is 1.145vccio and 1.165vccsa ( BUT for some weird and odd reason it goes as high as 1.18 and 1.24 under high demanding loads as what HWINFO64 always reports)

and that VCCIN voltage yes its on auto and i want to figure that out and give it a shot and try to lower it.
thats it for the cpu that i have its not a golden one.
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Well there is such a thing as degradation and too high of voltages/ auto will do just that
Like you've said one bad core turned off

Why not just fry it and jump on cascade lake it's said to be pretty cheap.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Caipirinha
Level 8
i dont know if its degraded or not but that bad/hottest core disabled manually that time and now i switched it back on again but it only works on 1.2v : O for any ferequency from 3.0 to 4.5 😐 and dont know if its because of degradation or what...

yes the CascadeLake-X is what im gonna go for soon + 4x8 G.SKILL ROYAL kits 4400,4600+ CL18 ones
but
im thinking about s3xy ICE-LAKE aswell , maybe selling this cpu.mb.rams and moving on the upcoming DUAL PLATFORM

: D so maybe its time to to burn this cpu and get the sh1tt out of itt and push high voltages and use it on 4.8+ for the rest of its jorney XD time to rockaNdroll
_______i7 7820X
________RAMPAGE VI APEX

FaaR
Level 7
Don't mean to hijack your thread or anything (hehe I noticed people discussing your cache volts earlier so I thought I'd sneak in a post and see if I can find some help...) I've been tweaking my system a bit lately, and my 7900X has been running at 28x cache multiplier for the better part of two years now. Some days ago I pushed it up to 30, and with 103MHz BCLK that makes 3090MHz cache mesh clockspeed with auto-volt at fixed 1.1V. It's worked 100% for several days straight doing Intel XTU stress tests, 7Zip benchmark (good memory subsystem stability test I've found) and gaming, and everyday stuff I do all the time no probs.

If I set cache volts to dynamic I cut about 10W off my idle power consumption (!), BUT I get instant WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD basically as soon as the CPU is loaded. Feels like the frequency/voltage table used is out of whack when that happens. If it works with fixed volts then why shouldn't it work with dynamic? CPU cores run fine on dynamic volts. Anyhow, idle watts... It's not really the problem I'm having; while it's annoying I'm burning more power than I should, I can live with it EXCEPT I ran Folding@Home for several hours, worked just fine - if your CPU miscalculates, Folding client will shut down immediately with an error, and I wasn't getting any.

But then BOOM. WHEA_UNRECOVERABLE, out of the blue.

Cache volts again maybe? Should I bump it a bit more maybe...? I know each CPU is different, but what's typically needed for 3100MHz (almost) cache speed?

Thanks anyone who has any ideas! 🙂

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Take off the memory blk and set it to 100 along with cpu strap 100
See if it still bsod
At max cache 30 you can run on auto cache voltage.

But I've already said this so read back or ask a new question.
Post hwinfo voltage screen shots too but that as well has already been said :doh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]