Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Haswell is shipping! And the USB bug is confirmed by Intel

HalloweenWeed
Level 12
c|net: Intel's next-gen 'Haswell' chip now shipping to PC makers

c|net: Intel confirms USB bug in 'Haswell' chipset

BrightSideOfNews: Intel Confirms Haswell Chipset Bug

According to this Intel will be fixing the Haswell USB bug with a C1->C2 stepping upgrade beginning shipments in mid-July (15th), samples beginning on Apr 19th. FYI.

EDIT: Personally IDC bc I have hexacore X79 i7-3930K, Haswell-E won't come out until next year, and when it does I read somewhere it will be strictly quad-core. Since Haswell only has about a 10% advantage over SB, do the math, I win with mine!

Newest Intel desktop CPU roadmap:
Pcper: Intel Will Allegedly Release Three Ivy Bridge-E Processors Later This Year
i7-3930K; Asus RIVE; G.SKILL Ripjaws Z 4x4GB DDR3 1866; MSI 7870 2GD5/OC; Crucial M4 SSD 256GB;
Corsair 1000HX; Corsair H100, 4x Excalibur 120mm PWM CPU Fan p-p, AS5; SB X-Fi Titanium Fata1ity Pro;
Dell U2412m IPS 1920x1200; Cooler Master HAF 932 case; Tripp-Lite OMNIVS1500 UPS fully Line-interactive.
(EVGA site: ) And I have a second (wife's) computer, Eve.

Overclocking is useless to me if it is not rock stable.
4 REPLIES 4

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Ha! gotta hand it to Intel...they can save money on testing simply by getting the reviewers and testers who are so keen to get their hands on the silicon "first", to do it for them....win win? 😉

Inquisitor
Level 9
I personally won't be jumping anywhere until skylake/skymont at least.

what chipset will haswell be using, since its a new socket? will have a new set or just the lower end (not the x79) ? I want to upgrade from my z68 board has there been any talk about what will replace 2011 and x79? i've looked and haven't really found anything... just thought maybe someones heard something.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Z87 and X99 are supposed to be up and coming....:)