cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gpu sagging

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
Hello... I recently observed that my gpu was slightly tilted towards the end. The card is quite long, is there anything that could be done to fix this and prevent damage to the gpu and mainboard ?
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |
7 REPLIES 7

Antronman
Level 10
Ummm. I don't think it is sagging. It is probably bent.
Say hi to the next generation.

Peace is a lie, there is only Passion

Through passion, I gain strength

Through strength, I gain victory

Through victory, my chains are broken

The Republic of Gamers shall free me

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Once you get to a certain age I guess this stuff happens...some of the spammers leave behind links for little blue pills that can help...

LukeeVassallo
Level 7
It isn't that old, I mean just 3months I think perhaps a bit less ... And it isn't bent because Curently I tied it with a piece of thread to the top of the case lol
| Maximus V Formula | i7-3770k | 16Gb Dominator Platinum | GTX 780 | Force 240Gb | 2TB Caviar Green | Obsidian 650D | AX850 | H100 | 24" LED VS247H |

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The more you screw the later you'll notice the onset of this kind of droop...

Like make sure the I/O of the GPU is screwed to the case I mean!

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Get a backplate for your card, that'll straighten it right up

Chino
Level 15
LukeeVassallo wrote:
Hello... I recently observed that my gpu was slightly tilted towards the end. The card is quite long, is there anything that could be done to fix this and prevent damage to the gpu and mainboard ?

The Scythe Ninja Wire is what you need.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
The easiest thing you can do is to simply rearrange how the power cables run to the card...just have then come from top down...supporting the card ...most of the time it is the power cables pulling that corner of the card down. Make sure the card is screwed to the case and yes a backplate would help...