cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting obsessed with “ points addiction”

Rob_W_
Level 12
😉 As the title says, man I’ve gotta getta life!*
I have got to a stage of excellent rig, excellent Oc ( 4.9ghz) excellent temps and realy good bench scores, along with subsidising the national grid lol, BUT!
I realised I am chasing points continuously , it’s got to stop:p so I am on withdrawal for a while, taking a break and gonna play some games and have fun getting killed again lol.
I might even do a bit of video editing again ( after all that was part of getting the Titan v), the 2080ti and ek block are still in there box unopened, which I will probably sell having thought about it !
Chiller worked great got me another 200+ points on time spy but I’m nervous about condensation so I might give it a miss until I get a bench table, I just don’t want to kill my R6E.
:rolleyes:;)*
15 REPLIES 15

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Well, you know... I switched from BT to DARPA SEEME and haven't looked back 😮

Que Mission Impossible music...

5 secs later puff of smoke.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

panzlock
Level 12
Rob W. wrote:
😉 As the title says, man I’ve gotta getta life!*
I have got to a stage of excellent rig, excellent Oc ( 4.9ghz) excellent temps and realy good bench scores, along with subsidising the national grid lol, BUT!
I realised I am chasing points continuously , it’s got to stop:p so I am on withdrawal for a while, taking a break and gonna play some games and have fun getting killed again lol.
I might even do a bit of video editing again ( after all that was part of getting the Titan v), the 2080ti and ek block are still in there box unopened, which I will probably sell having thought about it !
Chiller worked great got me another 200+ points on time spy but I’m nervous about condensation so I might give it a miss until I get a bench table, I just don’t want to kill my R6E.
:rolleyes:;)*

This seems like nothing more than a child bragging about their presents.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
This seems like nothing more than a child bragging about their presents.

Funny...to me it seems Rob W. is probably an adult who worked to pay for what he has and was talking about the chase for points, which has probably grabbed anyone who has OCd a bit...

Rob W....as long as you are having fun and learning stuff it's all good...if the points have grabbed you and it's not fun just let it go...there is definitely a point of diminishing returns.

Condensation is a killer...if you run chilled water you really have to control your humidity and keep an eye on dew point. I used to run AC to get rid of moisture in my flat...or you can cover y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ your rig Vaseline etc. and go the full, extreme cooling route...but then you might as well go for extreme cooling...for even more points! LOL;)

HiVizMan wrote:
Cue Mission Impossible music...

5 secs later puff of smoke.

LOL

Now that does sound like OCing below the dew point 😮

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Funny...to me it seems Rob W. is probably an adult who worked to pay for what he has and was talking about the chase for points, which has probably grabbed anyone who has OCd a bit...

This is not a matter of opinion. Stop justifying feelings with politically correct banter that makes everyone love you.

Using the reputation function. Another childish obsession.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

We have all been there, chasing points.

I did it for years and was luck enough to get pretty far up the ladder. Number 1 in the UK, top Pro Team for a few years with Ian. But at the end of the day it just was chasing points like the OP said.

It is good to have the courage to express what your feel has been a folly. I also think that because we all speak different languages but communicate in English (not my first language by the way) that at times meaning is lost.

I am sure that no one replying in this thread wants to be rude on purpose. We are merely expressing our view, our opinions and having a little fun.

@ Arne's we both have accepted the mission impossible only to have it turn into a puff of smoke after a few minutes... :cool::eek::eek: My pile of dead hardware is pretty big.

@ panzlock your view is valuable my friend but so is the viewpoint of others. Reputation counts for something. Not that many folks have many rep points. There is a reason why some do. They have earned them over the years. Just as you will earn yours.

Happy weekend all.
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Rob_W_
Level 12
Panzlock ?*:confused: