cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G74sx sucks for Diablo 3....

Zimtix
Level 7
G74sx -dh71 cant play diablo III worth crap.

i dont know if it is just me but d3 on this laptop is the worst ive ever seen,...... i move good for 5 seconds then keep heitting lag spikes.. and on desktop that is no where near good plays it solid on all low settings. and i play with the laptop on all low settings as well. is anyone else having this issue? or can anyone assist me.. if i could go back i would not have bought this POS laptop. for 1600 $.... If refund was available i would do so. only had the pc for under 90 days
13 REPLIES 13

Subside103
Level 7
Honestly, i see a lot of people post about these lag spikes but i don't think it's you. The d3 servers get really choppy sometimes. I know they're going to patch it up though. Question, why are you playing on such low settings with that nice of a gpu?

I've honestly not had any problems at all with Diablo 3 since release, I can play every single Act on Full graphics (shadows off only) with relatively EASE, i dont have any lagg spikes at all and i dont run Overclock either, i as well have a Asus G74-sx so idk why you would be having problems honestly.

It could possibly be a modem/router problem, what kind of modem/router do you use?

TribalLink wrote:
I've honestly not had any problems at all with Diablo 3 since release, I can play every single Act on Full graphics (shadows off only) with relatively EASE, i dont have any lagg spikes at all and i dont run Overclock either, i as well have a Asus G74-sx so idk why you would be having problems honestly.

Clean install of windows?

Subside103 wrote:
Honestly, i see a lot of people post about these lag spikes but i don't think it's you. The d3 servers get really choppy sometimes. I know they're going to patch it up though. Question, why are you playing on such low settings with that nice of a gpu?

i played in lowest settings because i thought it would help performance. Also i thought about building a new desktop just to play this game. but after you said that it was the d3 servers and not me i am thinking other wise. Also all my drivers are up to date the to beta version 301. also i have TWC 15MBs connection. with 3mbs upload. i keep around 100 ms in d3 at all times the game runs good just ever 4 seconds i hit lag jolts stutters or w.e. ie changed the setting with the nvidia contorl panel. i was on a wireless router though a ethernet cable but now im a try just modem to laptop and see how that works.

Zimtix wrote:
i played in lowest settings because i thought it would help performance. Also i thought about building a new desktop just to play this game. but after you said that it was the d3 servers and not me i am thinking other wise. Also all my drivers are up to date the to beta version 301. also i have TWC 15MBs connection. with 3mbs upload. i keep around 100 ms in d3 at all times the game runs good just ever 4 seconds i hit lag jolts stutters or w.e. ie changed the setting with the nvidia contorl panel. i was on a wireless router though a ethernet cable but now im a try just modem to laptop and see how that works.
it COULD be the beta driver but it may not, did it run good before the beta? ( if you did play before you instaled it )

kkn wrote:
it COULD be the beta driver but it may not, did it run good before the beta? ( if you did play before you instaled it )

Yes this is a beta driver. And when it was first released and d3 beta it played well. I honestly think that a clean install would help/fix the issue. This laptop has 2 hard drives so ill just take the one out so i don't void warranty and do a clean install on the other drive.

speed
Level 12
don't know the game but you can test by playing offline if the games has that. If it runs crappy offline then the problem with your machine or corrupted install of the game. Otherwise it is your internet. modem router or the service itself. restart your modem router and see if that helps.

Being ingnorant and ingnored one post at a time.

Arniebomba
Level 9
Indeed might be a modem/router problem. Check if the signal is wireless G or wireless N. Or try playing offline to see if it makes any difference.