cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FX-9590 Set up

Fau1ty
Level 7
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums here.

I looking for someone who has set up/tweaked some AMD rigs, I'm doing some fine tweaking and having a really hard time find any info that is helpful. To start I'm Running:

Amd FX 9590 - with the AMD watercooler
Asus Sabertooth 990FX Rev2.0
8GB Corsair 1866 ram
100GB OCZ PCIe RevoX2 SSD
2x Geforce GTX 285 - was 3 but found there was a conflict
Antec True Current Gamer 750w PS - Has 4 12volt rails @ 40amp each
12x 140mm high cfm fans

Everthing on the system is running good and stable, Benchmarks are good in most places except... I found a bottleneck on the video cards and a massive bottleneck on the ram, I am saving up some coin for new video cards and ram plus maybe a SATA SSD...
The info I'm looking to get help with is Bios setting's, I have played with them and got massive ups in performance but I would like to stay safe lol.
My Bios Settings:
CPU BUS FREQUENCY: 300mhz
PCIE FREQUENCY: 140MHZ
CPU RATIO: Turned down to 16.5 from 23.5 to stay at 5GHZ
MEMORY FREQUENCY: 1866 WITH 9-9-9-24 TIMINGS
CPU/NB FREQUENCY: 2800MHZ
HT LINK SPEED: 2800MHZ

I left all voltages on auto and benchmarks are running 100% load with no errors and stable, SO I guess my question is should I be doing anything different or higher/lower??? I seemed to get the best boost in performance when I cranked up the cpu/nb and ht link frequency's. I'm using passmark 8 so I can see the full system changes when I do something...
Any advice would be great Thank you your time.
2 REPLIES 2

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey Faulty 🙂

I'm sorry but I'll only be useful in as far as I'll bump this thread for you......what i know about AMD clocking could be writ on the back of a stamp...and in large letters too;)

Someone with the know how will be along...

klepp0906
Level 7
Your gpu problem is likely due to your pcie frequency. Never ever change that from default. at 140 id be surprised you didn't damage your cards. Put it back to stock and see if that third card works for ya then 😛

Everything else looks to be within reason. Though the nb/ht are a bit high for your ram. Could save yourself some heat and stability there as well.